Upcoming Review

BurgerBits

Just an FYI...

For the Solstice review I'll be writing/submitting within the next day or two, I have referred back to this enlightening thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891740&highlight=review

Wanted to let you know that I will be taking those observations to heart, though I am quite torn :D. It would be a blast to write a 'story' review, along the lines of Sailor Jack (though I bow to his skill and could never match it). I realize, however, from reading the above-referenced thread, that the overwhelming majority of posters here prefer their reviews concise, short, and factual.

Sigh.

ALSO - HELP NEEDED: I'm on a Mac, and cannot for the life of me figure how to post photos. If someone can teach me how to do this, I may include a modest number of pics in the review. In any event, I will include my email addy so that those interested in seeing any pics can contact me.

Will do my best!!

Dawn

ALSO - HELP NEEDED: I'm on a Mac, and cannot for the life of me figure how to post photos. If someone can teach me how to do this, I may include a modest number of pics in the review. In any event, I will include my email addy so that those interested in seeing any pics can contact me.

Will do my best!!

Dawn

If you upload your photos from your computer to Photobucket, they provide links you can use to post the pictures on the message board, in emails, etc. Then just copy and paste the links here in the review - it's really simple. It should be the same for both Macs and PCs. Looking forward to the review!

Will do my best!!

Dawn

It is not easy due to the file size limits permitted. However if you have a MobileMe account with Apple, use iPhoto to create an album, then upload it to your web gallery and list the link. It's all free (except for the annual MobileMe subscription) and available to everyone to view your photos.

If your photos are small enough in size, use the "Manage Attachments" button below where you are writing your posting and go from there.

It is not easy due to the file size limits permitted. However if you have a MobileMe account with Apple, use iPhoto to create an album, then upload it to your web gallery and list the link. It's all free (except for the annual MobileMe subscription) and available to everyone to view your photos.

If your photos are small enough in size, use the "Manage Attachments" button below where you are writing your posting and go from there.

Thanks! I'll probably give PhotoBucket a try, though, as my Mac galleries would then all be available. I've tried and tried to make a single gallery available, but to no avail.

Thanks! I'll probably give PhotoBucket a try, though, as my Mac galleries would then all be available. I've tried and tried to make a single gallery available, but to no avail.

There's an easy solution for that. Go into you MobileMe page, go to galleries, select the album(s) you don't want to be available to the world and at the top center click on 'adjust settings' then tell it to hide this album on your gallery page.

There's an easy solution for that. Go into you MobileMe page, go to galleries, select the album(s) you don't want to be available to the world and at the top center click on 'adjust settings' then tell it to hide this album on your gallery page.

Yep, have done that (several times) but it didn't take!! My brother in MI has the same problem. He upgraded to Leopard and I'm still on Tiger...

sigh.

Thanks!!!!!

Just an FYI...

For the Solstice review I'll be writing/submitting within the next day or two, I have referred back to this enlightening thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891740&highlight=review

Wanted to let you know that I will be taking those observations to heart, though I am quite torn :D. It would be a blast to write a 'story' review, along the lines of Sailor Jack (though I bow to his skill and could never match it). I realize, however, from reading the above-referenced thread, that the overwhelming majority of posters here prefer their reviews concise, short, and factual.

Sigh.

Will do my best!!

Dawn

Having read the thread you refer to some do prefer short, concise reports. Others (like me) don't. I figure I can skip past the details that don't interest me but I can't read and learn from what isn't written.

I'm sure whatever style you decide it will be informative, helpful and with good humour as are all your posts. Thanks in advance.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Archived