Cab fare - Sea Life Park to Downtown

tropicgirl3

Does anyone have a rough idea of the price of a cab ride from the Sea Life Park to the downtown/Malecon area of Puerto Vallarta? We would like to spend the first portion of our day at the park, then move on to shopping and exploring. I would like to know what price to be looking for. Thanks!

Does anyone have a rough idea of the price of a cab ride from the Sea Life Park to the downtown/Malecon area of Puerto Vallarta? We would like to spend the first portion of our day at the park, then move on to shopping and exploring. I would like to know what price to be looking for. Thanks!

wE NOGIATED $18 FROM THE SHIP TO SEALIFE PARK AND GOT THEM DOWN TO $15 FOR THE RIDE BACK.

We were there in sept. 08.

Great park, did the dolphin and sealion swim.

we rented the golf cart for $50, My guess is that if you walk over to walmart you could ge there for as little as $10 for 2 people. Getting back you would want to stand on the side of the busy highway and flag down a cab for a similar cheap fare. We were able to get from just outside the cruise terminal to downtown for $5 for 2 people.

IMG_9391.jpg

We went from Downtown to Sea Life Park. They wanted $20.00. We said no and kept walking. We were heading back to where we were dropped off, if nothing else we figured we would pay the $20.00. But before we got there, a young man around 18 said he would take us for $12.00. There was only two of us. We took that price. This was at the end of January.

We went from Downtown to Sea Life Park. They wanted $20.00. We said no and kept walking. We were heading back to where we were dropped off, if nothing else we figured we would pay the $20.00. But before we got there, a young man around 18 said he would take us for $12.00. There was only two of us. We took that price. This was at the end of January.

what was your experience at Sea Life Park? We are debating whether to do the Swim with the Dolphins on our own there or through the RCCL Excursion at Dolphin Adventure Center

Is should be about $15.00 US but they will try for $18.00 to $28.00 US. Just be firm. Don't get a taxi anywhere near the cruise ships -they are the highest.

Taxis are actually charged per zone in pesos....perhaps find the zone that Sealand is in and then determine where you are going (to what zone) and viola that is the price. You can't barter the taxi fare LOL.

When ever we get into a taxi we ask how many pesos, when we get the odd driver who will think we are cruisers or newby tourists who don't know better, he will tell us a higher price. We laugh and say what the price should be. He laughes because he knows that we know what we really should be paying.

And yes the white taxis in the cruise ship and Airport do charge way more as they are taxed higher.

DEalfinder

We really enjoyed it. We got to swim with the sea lions and play on the water slides all for the price of the Royal Dolphin Swim. We booked it on our own before we left. We were in the water longer than most people usually are. We were the only 2 in our group, so they had another group wait till we were done with the sea lions, then we joined them. There were about 12 people. I didn't mind it at all. We were not rushed through the program. I think it was more fun with so many people. Make sure you budget for the videos and pictures. It was so great so see the expressions on our faces. It was great to experience it and even greater to see me experience it.

There is a lot of information if you do a 'Dolphin' or 'Sea Life Park' search.

Nobody has really answered your question. The typical taxi in the greater Vallarta area transports a maximum of four passengers. Larger vans can be found inside the Federal port, but they can only pickup passangers inside the port. Let's assume you are a party of four or less.

Taxis in Vallarta, both Federal and city, operate with set rates based on zones. Federal taxis charge per person and city taxis charge per taxi ride with up to four passengers.

Sea Life Park is located north of Vallarta, is located in a different Mexican State (Nayarit) and is serviced by a different taxi company.

I point this out because Vallarta taxis cannot pick up people in Nayarit state and Nayarit taxis cannot pick up passengers while in Vallarta. The Nayarit taxi that will take you to downtown Vallarta from Sea Life Park will have to travel back to Nayarit State empty.

The rate for the trip from downtown Vallarta to Nuevo Vallarta (Sea Life Park) is 180-200 pesos. The reverse MAY be close to that too. Taxis drivers generally offer a 10-to-1 exchange rate because it is easy to do the math in their head. The real eachange rate has been around 14-to-1 (or better) in recent months.

So ... Expect the rate from Sea Life Park to downtown Vallarta to be roughly 200 pesos. Expect to pay roughly $20 US if you don't have pesos. Give yourself a big pat on the back if you are lucky enough to get a driver that knows the current international exchange rate, can do currency conversion in his head and you get to pay in USD's for under $15.

Use pesos and enjoy!

we rented the golf cart for $50, My guess is that if you walk over to walmart you could ge there for as little as $10 for 2 people. Getting back you would want to stand on the side of the busy highway and flag down a cab for a similar cheap fare. We were able to get from just outside the cruise terminal to downtown for $5 for 2 people.

I'm confused, did you rent the golf card for your personal use or hire a driver to drive you around in the golf card? More questions depending on your answer.

Archived