King-size option?

Anyone heard of any of the lux lines offering an option of a true king-sized bed? From the ships I've been on and in pics of the standard cabins in most of the lux ships it seems there would be room for one, with maybe the removal of one of the nightstands. Me and the missus take up a lot of room when horizontal and I'd be willing to kick down 10-20% of the cost of a 7-10 day cruise to get a nice king (they could buy and then dispose of a bed for that extra fee...). Not sure I'd pony up 400% for the owners suite to get the king though :D

For reasons I don't understand, most cruise lines, including Seabourn, have what I call "summer camp" beds--twin beds on simple frames with no box springs that can be pushed together. Some lines have better mattresses than others but all have the same style of beds. I've never seen a true king or queen bed anywhere on a cruise ship. Certainly nothing like you find in a Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons.

I am not a very good sleeper, but I have no problems with the Seabourn beds. They are not great, but the good thing of them is, that when the cruise is over and you're sad about that, at least you have something to look forward to: YOUR OWN VERY COMFORTABLE BED!

Always look on the bright side of life!

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

Archived