Summit Stateroom Connectivity

luvocean9

I though I read somewhere that we can use our computers in our staterooms. All I see Celebrity pushing is time online using their computers.

Can we go online in our staterooms, and if so, what is the cost?

I though I read somewhere that we can use our computers in our staterooms. All I see Celebrity pushing is time online using their computers.

Can we go online in our staterooms, and if so, what is the cost?

Nobody has the answer?

I don't know about the newest ships (Solstice and the soon to be launched Equinox and Eclipse) but the other ships are not wired for ethernet in the cabins and wi-fi is limited to just a few places on board. You must supply your own computer for wi-fi access.

I just took my computer up to the internet cafe and connected from there. There is always a crewmember on duty who will walk you through the steps.

Rates are available on the Celebrity website. Look for info under "Before You Cruise" in the FAQs under internet access. Connecting is expensive but watch out for deals available up until 10pm on the night you board and discount coupons for Captain's Club members.

I do not believe you can get service in your stateroom; but there are various hot spots on the ship, near the Cova Cafe for example, where I saw people on their computers. There MAY be service in the major suites, but not in the regular cabins.

Cathy

Hi,

You do not have wi-fi in your room. You can use your own laptop in several places on board, the amount it costs depends on the time you purchase. There are packages available, but in my opinion, dont buy to much, the WI-Fi was out for a day and a half, and if you hadnt used all of your minutes, you didnt get your money back. We paid $40 for like 60 minutes, and it was about perfect for us.

Make sure your laptop has Wi-Fi on it, and go for it!

we cruised on the Summit Feb21st and I too was hoping for in cabin wi-fi. We were in cabin 6062 on the same deck as on-line celebrity. The wi-fi was great outside the lab by the elevator, and I used my laptop there. Unfortunately, that lab was only used for classes, and to use the ship computers, you had to go to deck 4. I bought 40$ worth of minutes. I noticed that they got cheaper near the end of the cruise. Computer classes were 20$ and the lab was locked otherwise. There were 2 nice chairs by the elevator, and signal was very strong. No real problems using my own laptop.

Archived