$99 3rd person rate question

Azure Moon

Before I talk with the NCL representative, I wanted to check with you first.

On the NCL website, when our ages are plugged in, the 3rd to 8th person rate of $99 column appears. But on another page of the website talking about the special rate, the word kids is mentioned.

Question: Does the $99 3rd person rate apply to adults or only to children?

Thanks in advance.

Before I talk with the NCL representative, I wanted to check with you first.

On the NCL website, when our ages are plugged in, the 3rd to 8th person rate of $99 column appears. But on another page of the website talking about the special rate, the word kids is mentioned.

Question: Does the $99 3rd person rate apply to adults or only to children?

Thanks in advance.

it applies to everyone. But not on every cruise and taxes are extra.

Also, FYI, the ship insurance is only $29 for the 3rd person instead of the usual $89 per person.

And if you book thru NCL (I used my Future Cruise Credit certificate and the $250 I paid for it held the cabin for all 3) there was no additional deposit for the 3rd person. But in researching on lots of other websites, they wanted $250 deposit per person (which for the 3rd person may be more than the cost of the cruise!) It may be different if you're not using the Future Cruise thingy.

Also, for information sake, I used some Compass reward upgrade certificates, and one was not required for the 3rd person since the rate was so low, I guess. I needed 4 certificates for a 2 category upgrade period, even though we booked 3 in the cabin.

it applies to everyone. But not on every cruise and taxes are extra.

Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up on the extra fee.

I'll double check to make sure it applies to the Canada/New England cruise we're looking at.

And if you book thru NCL (I used my Future Cruise Credit certificate and the $250 I paid for it held the cabin for all 3) there was no additional deposit for the 3rd person. But in researching on lots of other websites, they wanted $250 deposit per person (which for the 3rd person may be more than the cost of the cruise!) It may be different if you're not using the Future Cruise thingy.

I just booked a Pearl cruise for November for our family, and while I did get the $99 rate for our kids, I did still have to pay a $250 deposit for each of the four of us. This is our first NCL cruise since 2000, so I don't have a Future Cruise credit or anything like that. I booked it through NCL's website earlier this week. While I would have preferred a lower deposit, I guess I would have had to pay it at some point anyway.

Jeff

flashdog_1, thanks for the added information! :cool:

We went ahead and booked this next cruise through the cruiseline.

This was our 1st f.c.c. and have decided it's a great thing :). Not having to pay extra deposit is so nice...though jeffthx is right, at some point that money will have to be paid anyway.

Bah humbug reality :(, or well, a Pina Colada will help get us over that bump in the road to a fun-filled trip :D.

Happy sailing!

I just booked a Pearl cruise for November for our family, and while I did get the $99 rate for our kids, I did still have to pay a $250 deposit for each of the four of us. This is our first NCL cruise since 2000, so I don't have a Future Cruise credit or anything like that. I booked it through NCL's website earlier this week. While I would have preferred a lower deposit, I guess I would have had to pay it at some point anyway.

Jeff

You didn't have a f. c. c. for this cruise, but I'll bet you'll have one for your next cruise :).

You'll love the Pearl! She's beautiful, very clean, and is fun to spend time on.

Happy cruising!

You didn't have a f. c. c. for this cruise, but I'll bet you'll have one for your next cruise :).

You are so right about that. While on my first NCL cruise, I bought my first FSC. Came home and booked my 2nd NCL cruise. While on my 2nd NCL cruise, bought another FSC and came home and booked my 3rd NCL cruise for this coming June.

Then, a "surprise" cruise popped up (took MIL on her first cruise as a Christmas present) this past January. It was a short 3 day on the Sky and while we were onboard, DH asked if I was buying another FSC. I said "nah, we already have the cruise booked for June and I will buy one then". Wouldn't you know I came home from the Sky and was just "looking" at cruises for 2010 and found an incredible deal on the Pearl for next January? No way this deal was going to last through June, so of course, I went ahead and booked......and no FSC so I had to pay the whole deposit. It hurt...really hurt. LOL I'll never cruise NCL again with buying one.

CG

Well all these full deposit amounts for each cabin member without the future cruise credit is even more reason to have a FCC in your pocket! It's not just the $100 onboard credit you receive when you buy one (and a B1G1 meal at Bamboo), but that convenience of being able to book a cruise even if you don't have the usual amount for a deposit readily available. Booking a cruise 20 months away is a good way to budget and stick to it!

You are so right about that. While on my first NCL cruise, I bought my first FSC. Came home and booked my 2nd NCL cruise. While on my 2nd NCL cruise, bought another FSC and came home and booked my 3rd NCL cruise for this coming June.

Then, a "surprise" cruise popped up (took MIL on her first cruise as a Christmas present) this past January. It was a short 3 day on the Sky and while we were onboard, DH asked if I was buying another FSC. I said "nah, we already have the cruise booked for June and I will buy one then". Wouldn't you know I came home from the Sky and was just "looking" at cruises for 2010 and found an incredible deal on the Pearl for next January? No way this deal was going to last through June, so of course, I went ahead and booked......and no FSC so I had to pay the whole deposit. It hure...really hurt. LOL I'll never cruise NCL again with buying one.

CG

LOL! I second that :D.

On our first NCL cruise, I wanted to buy a certificate, but hubby wasn't sure he wanted to at that time, so we didn't have one for the Pearl cruise...but hubby was on-board for getting one then :D.

Your DH and I really should be listened to by our loving spouses :rolleyes:...because we know you two - ya both got oceanwater flowing in your veins :p.

That's so sweet of you to have taken your MIL :):cool:.

We're taking my mother on the Dawn cruise. It will be her first time on an NCL ship. I'm sure she'll love it, as I'm sure your mother-in-law loved the Sky.

Happy sailing!

we just booked the Jewel for Dec. 3rd and 4th (children ) were $99 but we did pay $250 each deposit....no biggie have to pay it sooner or later. We got $100 on board credit and another $100 credit for paying with AMEX

flashdog_1 wrote: "...(and a B1G1 meal at Bamboo),... "

ginaboy wrote: "...and another $100 credit for paying with AMEX."

B1G1 meal :eek:. Credit for using a certain credit card :eek:.

:cool:

Hhmmm, going to have to look into these things...because I want them too :D.

Archived