Ellen Gives Away 800 Celebrity Cruises!!!

HeatherInFlorida

Most of you don't know me on the Celebrity Boards because I just was on a HAL Oosterdam cruise and I've been over there for a few months, but Celebrity is my preferred cruiseline and we'll be on the Summit in Oct. 2005 for the Panama Canal Transit.

This morning on the "Ellen Degeneres Show", Ellen gave away Celebrity cruises to either Alaska or the Mexican Riviera to 200 audience members all of whom have spouses serving in Iraq.

These cruises, worth $1.2 million were donated in total by Celebrity!!! I was amazed and think it's a wonderful thing to do. And unlike the cars on Oprah, the recipients will owe no taxes. Each person gets to bring 3 others with them.

Who could deserve a cruise more than these guys?

Will someone please tell Oprah that I served in the U. S. Army from 1960 until 1963 and that I'll be very grateful for a free cruise?

Allen

Allen' date=' we can tell Oprah that and I'll bet she's grateful for your service .... but she's not the one who gave away the cruises. It was Ellen DeGeneres:D .[/font']

Nothing bothers me more then people giving Oprah or Ellen credit for the corporation's largesse..... Though the free publicity ($1.2 million) hopefully pays back in spades.....

Ellen took no credit for this ... she made it very clear this morning that Celebrity had donated the whole thing. Not at all like Oprah did it.

Archived