Dancing on Soltice

seaya2

Read a review of the Solstice by an experienced Celebrity cruiser (in fact he was featured in the Captain's club newsletter), and he didn't have a lot of good things to say about dancing on the Solstice. Here is a link to his review - post number 1 - read his review of MUSIC in the post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891091

Read a review of the Solstice by an experienced Celebrity cruiser (in fact he was featured in the Captain's club newsletter), and he didn't have a lot of good things to say about dancing on the Solstice. Here is a link to his review - post number 1 - read his review of MUSIC in the post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891091

Ouch ! not getting a warm fuzzy off that review .Better just charge my Ipod and dance on the balcony ! No lessons ? better get steel toed shoes for Mrs.Seaya !!

depends on what kind of dancing you are talking about. I did read lots of dance lessons in the dailies, but didn't attend any, so I can't say how well attended they were. We did go to Quasar and Sky Lounge. MUCH less dancing than I am used to. I was surprised, as the average age onboard seemed younger than normal (maybe that was the problem ;) .

I rarely EVER saw anybody dancing at Quasar. Sky Lounge had some people dancing during disco night. We missed 80's night due to high seas. 50's night, people were dancing, but not my cup of tea.

I'm a ballroom dancer, and I can confirm that there is ballroom lessons in the afternoon (both latin and modern is offered), and there is also, in late afternoon, a ballroom dance hour, which consists mainly of chacha, foxtrot, tango, slow waltz and rumba. This happens on the Sky Lounge (14 forward), and on nights where the ships meets many waves, you'll probably look like a fool. On the plus side, no one really goes there to dance anyhow. So... go crazy. The floor is a bit odd for modern dances, as it is a circle, not a squar-ish form. At night, however, Sky Lounge seems to have music from the 60s and 70s. To dance to, of course. Not much ballroom, except if you consider a latin rendition of the Beattles as being a chacha...

For dance club type of dance, Quasar has everything, with a wide range dance music from the 80s, 90s and more recent stuff.

Archived