When do cabin assignments happen?

ja214

We purchased a Gty in January for the Aug 4th sailing of Nautica and just received our cabin assignment this week. I was surprised we were assigned a cabin so quickly. We received notification by email directly form Oceania and although we were not upgraded, we did get a handicap cabin (usually slightly larger than a cabin not designated handicapped). I know there might still be a change as the date gets closer, but somehow I feel better knowing we have a room assigned.

we did get a handicap cabin (usually slightly larger than a cabin not designated handicapped). I know there might still be a change as the date gets closer, but somehow I feel better knowing we have a room assigned.

luvncuzn,

Two things:

• once you are assigned a particular cabin through a guarantee it is not typically changed again.
  • The Oceania Handicapped cabins are not larger per se, but the step "up" to the bathroom is eliminated (sometimes with a little ramp, sometimes the bathroom floor is simply flush with the cabin floor); and the shower area is different/larger. A person in a wheelchair could shower.

Enjoy your cruise!

Jim & Stan

Archived