When do cabin assignments happen?

ja214

Does anyone know when a guarantee will usually get a cabin assignment on Oceania? Looks like there is no way to see cabin info on their web site, so I guess the only way to know is to check with a TA or wait for the confirmation letter?

We are booked on the Nov. 3, 2009 sailing on Insignia, Venice to Rome. Our cabin assignment was made at booking. When you go to the "purchase this cruise' function it will offer cabin assignments. You can book online or on the phone with an Oceania representative. I booked on the phone and they made my cabin assignment. I already have my air, with deviation. I have also made a change in the air and a change in seat assignment with the airline. No problems. Call and speak to a representative at their 800 number and I am sure they can answer all of you questions.

Does anyone know when a guarantee will usually get a cabin assignment on Oceania? Looks like there is no way to see cabin info on their web site, so I guess the only way to know is to check with a TA or wait for the confirmation letter?

Are you already booked?

Do you have an Oceania Club membership number?

If so log into the Club Member area then look on your Profile it will have your cruise, booking number, cabin number (if assigned)

If you have a GTY you may not see it until after final payment & before boarding

Ask your TA to check for you

Lyn

The OP stated that he/she has a GTY booking.

I too have a GTY booking; on other cruise lines, GTY bookings have cabins allocated usually in the final two weeks before sailing (sometimes at the pier!). With the smaller Oceania ships, are the cabin allocations likely to be done any earlier than this?

Hi Lyn. When I go into the Oceania Club information the screen shows my reservation booking number but no cabin assignment even though final payment has passed and we had the cabin booked for months.

Did you have a cabin # or booked a GTY?

Are you looking under MY PROFILE or MY ACCOUNT

This is what mine looks like ...was from last year

3/10/2008 - CARIBBEAN PEARLS - 12 daysspacer.gif

1190347 6084 B2-STATEROOM VERANDA

I too have a GTY booking; on other cruise lines, GTY bookings have cabins allocated usually in the final two weeks before sailing (sometimes at the pier!). With the smaller Oceania ships, are the cabin allocations likely to be done any earlier than this?

This is just my take on it

Your TA should be able to tell you more

Just guessing from previous threads

Once final payment date is past then they will see who is actually going (paid in full) they will start assigning cabins for GTY cabin then cabins on waitlist

If all goes well they will fill the GTY if not they will start making offers to those to upgrade/downgrade to other categories so they can fill the GTY reservations.

Not sure if it is the way it is done as I said just guessing

If you have a GTY reservation you will be on the ship someplace;)

Lyn

I've looked all over the web site and don't see anything that shows a history of past cruises. I've logged in with an Oceania Club # and also with a cruise booking number. On the left hand side I get some minimal booking information that has the reservation #, cruise, and departure date. Is that where others are seeing a cabin assignment show up?

FYI - this is a GTY, just wanted to see if it was possible to check every 5 minutes for a cabin assignment. ;)

I've looked all over the web site and don't see anything that shows a history of past cruises. I've logged in with an Oceania Club # and also with a cruise booking number. On the left hand side I get some minimal booking information that has the reservation #, cruise, and departure date. Is that where others are seeing a cabin assignment show up?

See if this works

If you have cruised before with O it should show you the past cruises along with booking numbers & cabins etc... just check the date for your upcoming cruise

If you see your booking number and the cruise date etc does it show GTY after the booking number?

When is the cruise?

You may not see a cabin # until 1- 2 months from sailing date & your TA should notify you when it becomes available

Forgot to mention in my earlier post that we asked for and got a specific cabin not a GTY.

These are the steps I used to get my information.

1. Open Oceania website.

2. Open "Oceania Club"

3. At "Member Login", Enter your e-mail address and password, Login

4. Open "My Account"

5. Info on Past and Future Cruises along with your profile will appear.

Don

We received the actual cabin number for our guarantee cabin assignment a few weeks before our cruise last September.

We received the actual cabin number for our guarantee cabin assignment a few weeks before our cruise last September.

I have found it depends on your TA. Ours phoned every few days to get the stateroom number and we are sure they grew tired of hearing from her so gave us a number. Good luck! The squeaky wheel gets the oil.:D

Interesting... when I click on the My Account button, all I get is the Guest Information form that has my name/addr/phone/email in it. It's already filled out, and my only option is to click "Submit". After a brief Thank You page, it returns to the regular home page.

May just have to call Oceania about it...

Interesting... when I click on the My Account button, all I get is the Guest Information form that has my name/addr/phone/email in it. It's already filled out, and my only option is to click "Submit". After a brief Thank You page, it returns to the regular home page.

Have you cruised with Oceania before?

When did you book the upcoming cruise?

I have the same experience as JA214. I have sailed before on Oceania and have a booked cabin not a guaranty but the information does not appear.

I am at a loss...ours have always shown up within a week or two of booking.

I guess as long as you know you have a cabin that is the main thing

Lyn

"We received the actual cabin number for our guarantee cabin assignment a few weeks before our cruise last September"

BTW, I'm CintiPam, not pondnana. We did not use pondnana's "squeaky wheel" suggestions, but we felt that we got the best possible stateroom for our guarantee category when it did come.

Our travel agent contacted us with the cabin number by telephone. After that, we found it online on the Oceania website.

Because you asked, I just checked my documents from the cruise, and the actual cabin assignment came only two weeks before embarkation. Both the booklet called "Cruise Vacation Guide Official Documents" sent to us earlier, and the "Final Cruise Vacation Summary" email, which came 17 days before embarkation, listed our stateroom as "Guarantee", "GTY", and category as "E". The luggage tags we received were blank, so I wrote the cabin number in after we received this information.

Hi Everyone,

We have just booked our first Oceana cruise on Mar 4. We booked an F category cabin as a guarantee as there were no cabins available to choose a specific one. On Mar 6, we received notification of our cabin assignment via e-mail from our TA. I was very happy - and surprised - that we got it so soon. Our sailing is Oct 17.

Tammy :)

We booked our cruise last June for this July we got our cabin number when we booked but it does not show when I go to their site all I get is name departure date and ship. We have never sailed with Oceania before and when I go to the club site I only get asked to submit the registration form then get returned to the home page.

We booked our cruise last June for this July we got our cabin number when we booked but it does not show when I go to their site all I get is name departure date and ship. We have never sailed with Oceania before and when I go to the club site I only get asked to submit the registration form then get returned to the home page.

Same happens to me Lady oz. They never show the cabin #.I also booked back in Augest of 08 for the July 26th Insignia cruise.I do the samething you do .

Hey everyone, just wanted to post a follow up. First of all, to answer the original question, according to Oceania there is no set time for when a cabin assignment changes from GTY to a number. It varies from a couple of weeks to months before departure.

On the Oceania club section of the web site, there was indeed a problem with my account that was preventing access to that section. I emailed the web master from the web site, then after not hearing back I called in and the Oceania rep emailed the webmaster. The next day I got an email saying that I was "now officially registered in the Oceania Club website". No idea why I wasn't before, but now it's pulling up past cruises just fine.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Archived