What do you do to get out of going to Muster Drill?

pnjkeith

Just a reminder if an emergency ( fire, taking on water, ect ) the fire and water doors on the floors will closed as all the guest are at the required by maritime law life boat drills. So i guess we will see a post in the furure about some foolish people lose their life because they thought they were smart by hiding out from the drill. Same people who hide from the life boat drill are the same that let their babies pee in the pool, run around ship and hog as many places as they want because its all about them. On a bright note most people are good and friendly and not self centered ( Screw the rules ) people but also considerate of others. Breaking the rules even ones who think dont matter shows a dark side most of us try and avoid. So as you are laffing and patting self on back that you out smarted a cruise line by hiding all you gain is bad KARMA and no amount of money or prestige can buy that back.

Just a reminder if an emergency ( fire, taking on water, ect ) the fire and water doors on the floors will closed as all the guest are at the required by maritime law life boat drills. So i guess we will see a post in the furure about some foolish people lose their life because they thought they were smart by hiding out from the drill. Same people who hide from the life boat drill are the same that let their babies pee in the pool, run around ship and hog as many places as they want because its all about them. On a bright note most people are good and friendly and not self centered ( Screw the rules ) people but also considerate of others. Breaking the rules even ones who think dont matter shows a dark side most of us try and avoid. So as you are laffing and patting self on back that you out smarted a cruise line by hiding all you gain is bad KARMA and no amount of money or prestige can buy that back.

Hmmmmmm, let's see: I don't have children and if I did I wouldn't let them pee in ANY pool. I would also not let them near a jacuzzi which is supposed to be for adults. I have a perfect 30 year driving record. I don't steal, I don't cheat, I'm a law abiding, vote in every election citizen. I like to drink, gamble and cruise - AND AFTER 23 CRUISES, I HATE MUSTER DRILL!

Hmmmmmm, let's see: I don't have children and if I did I wouldn't let them pee in ANY pool. I would also not let them near a jacuzzi which is supposed to be for adults. I have a perfect 30 year driving record. I don't steal, I don't cheat, I'm a law abiding, vote in every election citizen. I like to drink, gamble and cruise - AND AFTER 23 CRUISES, I HATE MUSTER DRILL!

I am taking my first cruise in April....so I'm ignorant as far as cruising goes. But, aren't all ships architecturally configured differently? If so, doesn't muster teach you safe paths on the ship to escape "danger"? I don't know but it seems to me that unless you are on the same ship all the time that a safety lesson would make sense....and certainly couldn't hurt!

I hate driving under 55 but its the law. Not up to us to break the law if you dont like it change the law but to break a rule because it doesnt suit your needs is wrong and no way to justify it. LOL Doesnt matter if this is your 1000 cruise the life boat drill is manditory.

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']No, I have not seen that in 35 Carnival cruises. They have never taken ANY type of head count. (well, I have seen the cabin #'s on the jackets!)

I can say the same for 3 Celebrity cruises and 1 RCCL.

The ONLY cruise where they checked EVERYONE off a list was on the (PLEASE SCRAP THIS SHIP) Imperial Majesty "Regal Empress". Oddly, it was the most thorough muster drill we have ever attended. Perhaps that's because the ship is in more danger of something happening to it! :eek:

From Frommer's :

[I]"Imperial Majesty Cruises has been around since 1999, first operating the steamship OceanBreeze, then, following the bankruptcy of Regal Cruises, taking over the Regal Empress -- which, due to her age, was in serious danger of being sold for scrap. Big thanks go out to Imperial Majesty president Arthur Pollack for the reprieve, because ships like this are rare birds in the 21st century, and getting rarer every day. In 2010, Empress's kind of woody interiors and mazelike layout will be prohibited by international safety-at-sea regulations, and it's an open question as to whether the line will invest the funds needed to bring her into compliance. There's also been talk of turning the old girl into a museum of Greek maritime history, permanently moored in either Greece or New England. Stay tuned."[/I]

Tom[/QUOTE]

Did this ship sail from Sarasota? I was on a Regal cruise from Sarasota that had a very thorough muster drill. I thought it was procedure - but maybe you're right! It was an older ship...

[quote name='KULPN']While I'll admit it is annoying & long, I have not had the nerve to skip it. I still listen to the flight attendants on the airlines & even look in the folder that shows the exits. I guess I am superstitious that the one time I don't give it the attention it deserves, something will happen![/QUOTE]
I'm with you! Ditto on the airplanes too. Plus my kids are with me and I want them to know where to go and that it's the rule.
Yes, it's always the same.
Yes the life vest stinks.
Yes, it's hot and annoying to stand there listening to the announcements, but it is a true part of the cruise experience. I can still remember the first time I went to one thinking "wow how cool". Now it's "let's get it over with ASAP" so I can go get a drink.

Can someone tell me why can we not have a drink during the muster drill? What is wrong with it?? Will I drown faster with a glass? Do they think I will pay less attention with a glass in my hand?

[quote name='asburyfamily']I hate driving under 55 but its the law. Not up to us to break the law if you dont like it change the law but to break a rule because it doesnt suit your needs is wrong and no way to justify it. LOL [B][U]Doesnt matter if this is your 1000 cruise the life boat drill is manditory.[/U][/B][/QUOTE]

If I had 1000 cruises under my belt, I would be able to count a few "accidentally" missed drills! Of course, I did not have a perfect attendance record at school either... :o

[quote name='diathoney']Did this ship sail from Sarasota? I was on a Regal cruise from Sarasota that had a very thorough muster drill. I thought it was procedure - but maybe you're right! It was an older ship...[/QUOTE]

It sails now from either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale (I am trying to block it from my memory, LOL)

[quote name='diathoney']...
Can someone tell me why can we not have a drink during the muster drill? What is wrong with it?? Will I drown faster with a glass? Do they think I will pay less attention with a glass in my hand?[/QUOTE]

I would guess because in the close quarters which people find themselves it would be highly likely to spill it on someone else. Which, in turn since they didn't want to be there anyway, would likely cause a RIOT!!! :eek:

Tom

Archived