Favorite foods on Princess - what are yours ??

planooldfamily

but my favorite by far is the Tagliatelle lobster ragout with tarragon! I've only seen it on the Royal Princess, so not sure it is offered on all ships. It was so yummy, I requested it again and the whole table ended up with it! :D Everyone loved it!

And the goat cheese souffle--fabulous!

VB1

I absolutely love the Chef's Table menu. The MDR food is terrific. But the German night at the Cafe Caribe holds a special place - in my stomach.

Is that the night that a whole roast pig is carved? Ugh! It was even smiling. :(

The donuts from the International Cafe were excellent! I also love the Blue Crab Claw Quiche. It is one of the best dishes I've had on a ship. Probably not something that excites most people but I think that Princess has a wonderful amount of delicious fresh fruit in the mornings on the buffett!

Do not pass up the.... Farfalle alla Rustica...This is a dish made with tender veal, morel mushrooms, green peas and parmesan cheese. I ordered a side dish of pasta every night and when I tasted this one I immediatly ordered a dinner portion. It is to die for!!! I even went online and bought the Princess cookbook "Courses" so I could make it. The only differecne was that I wasn't able to find the morel mushrooms so I used button mushrooms and it turned out great. I haven't tried any other recipes yet, but I feel it was well worth buying.

Oh, lady45 is sooooo right; that pasta and veal dish is delicious!

Also, don't miss the eggplant parmigiana appetizer. Forget everything negative you think you know about slimy and greasy eggplant -- this is eggplant elevated to a sublime state.

In general, in my opinion, the best dishes are Italian in inspiration because, as Pam points out (nice new photo, Pam!) of Princess's tradition of having Italian chefs.

Hands down the BEST fettucini alfredo!!!!!!:D

I totally agree. Hubby had it as an appetizer every night. If you order it as an appetizer, ask them for the cheese crust - that usually only comes with the meal portion, but they will bring it if you ask.

We also really enjoyed:

- lobster tails

- egg plant parm

- nutella icecream

- chocolate almond donuts in the Int'l Cafe in the AM

I agree with everyone about the fettucine alfredo -- it was so good, I had to order it on the side of just about every dinner I had on the Diamond Princess (and will have on the Crown in a couple weeks!). As I recall, the pasta was homemade, which makes a huge difference in texture and flavor, and for whatever reasons, they used high-quality cheeses in the sauce.

The other thing I always talk about from our one Princess cruise so far is the cheesecake. Cheesecake is one of my favorite deserts, so I order it all the time (on land and at sea), and the cheesecake on Princess was BY FAR the best I've ever had on a cruise, and among the best I've ever had. Low calorie dishes, both, :) but luckily Princess also has nice gyms and jogging tracks!

Fresh papaya at breakfast, and the scones and cream at afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is one of the best parts of my day.

I agree that the Italian sauces are wonderful. They must use recipes from the old Sitmar days.

I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Princess' fettuccine Alfredo. I tried it on my last cruise (after reading so many raves here) and found it was gluey and bland. I'll try it again on my next cruise (maybe it was a fluke), but I was really unimpressed.

Some of my favorites:

-Beef wellington

-Apricot & brie bruschetta

-Tiger shrimp kebab

-Flourless chocolate cake

-From the international cafe: shrimp salad, marinated mushrooms, and the chocolate filled pastries

We're going with our adult daughter who is vegetarian. Any other (not already mentioned) items she should look for?

There are vegetarian choices (marked) on every menu. We are vegetarians who eat fish and cheese and have always had a LOT to choose from! The things designated as vegetarian are vegan , if I recall correctly. If you eat in the traditional dining room let your waiter know the first night and he should be able to offer things that aren't even on the menu. You just need to ask the day before so they have time to make your dish. We've had some WONDERFUL pasta dishes made especially for us.

In the last thread that discussed food someone mentioned something that was like a banana split offered for desert, I can't find that thread, so what was the name? I leave in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I try it, everyone raved about it.

TIA

I love a coke float. A glass of coke with an ice cream floated on top. Make sure you dont overfill the glass with coke as it can volcano out of the glass. plus ask for a spoon.

Usually have it with fizzy Vimto, but they dont have it on the ship:(

Go on give it a try you know you want to!!

Following a recent cruise on the Emerald, I can add two new items to my list of Princess favorites foods: The chicken salad and shrimp salad served at International Cafe were both awesome, and I had a little of each almost every day.

I don't think I've mentioned the bacon as a favorite food before, but it's a special treat that I enjoy almost every morning when I have breakfast in the dining room :)

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Following a recent cruise on the Emerald, I can add two new items to my list of Princess favorites foods: The chicken salad and shrimp salad served at International Cafe were both awesome, and I had a little of each almost every day.

I don't think I've mentioned the bacon as a favorite food before, but it's a special treat that I enjoy almost every morning when I have breakfast in the dining room :)

Bon Appetit!

Chris

You didn't try the feta salad to go with the other 2 at IC? :(

One night on the Grand last Feb, we were staggering back :rolleyes: from Skywalkers late one night and walked through Horizon Court. There was some kind of chocolate thing going on, with lots of chocolate ice cream bars like Magnums and chocolate coated strawberries etc. We didn't have any. Next morning I wondered if I dreamt it :confused:

Archived