Port area at Manzanillo??

Caliber1

There is nothing in the immediate area of the port. It is an industrial port that you will pull into. You will take a shuttle bus that will take you into town. Believe you have to pay about $2.00 each for this trip one way. I think it is just charged to your sign & sail card. If you are on a ship sponsored tour then I don't think you are charged for this since you are already paying for an over priced tour. Cabs I think charge $5 each way into town. ($12 or more to a beach area)

Manzanillo is a least favorite port. The last time we were there we had fun with the crew cooking fish in a nearby beach palapa. Do a tour. You will likely not enjoy the $2 bus ride to nearby tourist trap area.

We just came back. This was one of our favorite stops. We took a cab and spent the day at Las Hadas resort. Cab was $10. each way (you need to negotiate as they first ask for $15). Entry to the resort is $30. per person or 300 peso (we took dollars, I recommend that you take pesa as 300 pesos is only $20). For this, we got entry to the resort and a book of tickets for food and drink. We did not use all of the tickets. This was recommended by others on the board. I can tell you that our ships tour charged $89. each to visit another resort nearby. It was a 15-20 minute cab ride...quite a distance.

Archived