voyager karaoke, what is it like?

Hello

We are new to cruising and are reading lots of useful information on the boards. My husband loves to sing and keeps asking if anyone has posted about karaoke on voyager of the seas. I've read that on some RCI ships the karaoke is now with a live band - is this the case on voyager? Also is it like a competition or can you just sing for fun? How many songs are there and are they only American bands? We are from Scotland and although we know lots of American artists music we also have lots of British favourites :)

Thank you for any advice

I've never seen Karaoke with a band---they have a "track" they play with the words....There's a large choice of songs of all styles.

How good it is depends on the folks participating--some folks shouldn't sing in public EVER!!!!

There's always been some sort of "competition" on all of our cruises...I doubt that's changed recently!

The Karaoke contests that I have seen on board the RCI ships spanned several nights (rounds) until the finals usually in the large hall, and if my memory is correct, the winner of that - got to sing with the lounge's band for one song. I'm not sure of the mix of songs available but seems they had a bookful. :)

There will be several nights of "try-outs" with a great deal of humor. The top 5 are then brought to the stage for the finals....another enjoyable evening...some very, very solid voices....also done with humor.

You MUST sing the song that got you into the contest during the try-outs during the finals.

And as for Derek Lewis...this guy is a gem on Voyager...his overflow crowds at the Pig N Whistle every evening attest to the fun that is had by those who attend!!!!

• 7 months later...
I've never seen Karaoke with a band---they have a "track" they play with the words....There's a large choice of songs of all styles.

How good it is depends on the folks participating--some folks shouldn't sing in public EVER!!!!

There's always been some sort of "competition" on all of our cruises...I doubt that's changed recently!

i was recently on the Liberty after being away from RCL for a few years. We were so disappointed that there wasn't a karaoke competition just regular karaoke. This was one of our favorite evening activities as the cruise progressed on all of our rcl cruises. has it disappeared from all ships in the fleet???:(

Archived