what is the deal with online reservations for Portofino's?

We are sailing AOS March 29. I started trying to get reservations for Portofino's about 3 weeks ago. They appear to be booked. Do they hold any so people can book onboard or are we out of luck?

Thanks!

Shannon

We are sailing AOS March 29. I started trying to get reservations for Portofino's about 3 weeks ago. They appear to be booked. Do they hold any so people can book onboard or are we out of luck?

Thanks!

Shannon

I just received an email saying you can prebook online, but only starting 4 days prior to your sailing. So Im guessing you are getting that message because you are trying to book too early, at least Im hoping that is the reason, because I am sailing on the 14th and was going to try and book something on the 10th!

Thanks!

Shannon

Yes, they hold back a number of tables so that guests can book once on board. Try to get there ASAP once on board, though, to make your reservation.

I just received an email saying you can prebook online, but only starting 4 days prior to your sailing. So Im guessing you are getting that message because you are trying to book too early, at least Im hoping that is the reason, because I am sailing on the 14th and was going to try and book something on the 10th!

it just didn't work for us. They offered me 6:00pm on Tuesday but we have to wait until after the kids can go to AO. I guess I will try again 4 days before and see if better times open up and if not, hope for the best on the ship!

Thanks!

There are almost always spots available once you board, unless you have a very specific day/time that you MUST eat there. If you don't have any luck in advance, just stop by the restaurant on your way to your cabin...(I've YET to see a full restaurant!!!)

There are almost always spots available once you board, unless you have a very specific day/time that you MUST eat there. If you don't have any luck in advance, just stop by the restaurant on your way to your cabin...(I've YET to see a full restaurant!!!)

We have never had problems getting into Chops or Portofinos and I've never seen either of them full! I'm sure it will work out.

Thanks!

After many many cruises I now have all my dinners at these two specialty restaurants and rarely have seen them full. If you make a reservation in advance they will charge your credit card immediately. After you get on board just head up to Chops or Portofino and you'll have no problems. They want the money and the tips so they will bend over backwards even if the time(s) you want are filled.

i may be wrong because i don;t have a copy of the email but I believe is is not four days before, but rather UP TO 4 DAYS BEFORE which means that you cannot book when you only have 4 days until the trip. tHere would be no reason they are not open now for a March sailing.

i may be wrong because i don;t have a copy of the email but I believe is is not four days before, but rather UP TO 4 DAYS BEFORE which means that you cannot book when you only have 4 days until the trip. tHere would be no reason they are not open now for a March sailing.

I think you are right....you can book up to 4 days before. We're sailing on the Explorer on March 15th and I was able to pre-book Portofino's in mid-January.

Shannon, you shouldn't have a problem booking a reservation when you get on the ship.

Dee

We were able to make reservations online a few weeks ago for Chops and Portofinos for our March cruise, but I was only able to get a 10:00 pm spot for Portofinos. I'd like to try and get an earlier reservation once we get on board.

Where do we do that? Do we go straight the Portofinos as soon as we get on the ship?

We were able to make reservations online a few weeks ago for Chops and Portofinos for our March cruise, but I was only able to get a 10:00 pm spot for Portofinos. I'd like to try and get an earlier reservation once we get on board.

Where do we do that? Do we go straight the Portofinos as soon as we get on the ship?

Yes

If you already made a reservation for a time and date you weren't quite happy with--can you change it once on board? I didn't know they held some of the tables back, so I just booked for the closest to the date and time I wanted (both were too late, but I figured better late than never).

Thanks!

Shannon

I had the same thing happen for a recent Jewel of the Seas sailing and when I got on board . . . there was hardly anyone booked at Portofinos . . . I recommend that you go there when you get on board and i bet you'll have your choice of slots . . . we got right by the window!

sorry after I re read it, you are right!! so I guess I am going to book now! LOL

Archived