Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Bad, bad day at work today. Matt you are lucky to get a raise. Most people I know are getting pay cuts or no raise at all.

I need to hit the pool, try to relax and forget about today at work. May need a few adult beverages to relax.

Missou - my fibroid was larger than my uterus and I only had one. Sure don't miss either one.! LOL

Wow!!! What a mistake!!! I wrote earlier that I have been with DH for 35 years. If so, that would mean that I would have started dating him when I was 7 years old :eek::eek::p

We have been together for 25 years. That makes more sense dog_laughing-173.gif

Eating too many carbs and taking too many vacations makes one's mind wonder.....25. I have been married 33 years.

Good morning everyone. How is everyone doing today? Back at work. gag.. but i did get my raise after my review.. Roughly a 4% increase which is nice. That and the wedding money. We feel rich right now.. too bad it won't last.

Congrats on the raise.

I did my stairs on the way in and thought i would be more winded since i haven't done them in a few weeks.. but i made it up them perfectly fine. Even thought of going back down and doing them again.

Need to get back under the 200 mark, will try that for this monday.

And Vickey, why can't i just review the honeymoon and not the cruise????

Because it will either embarass me or make me jealous:D

Bad, bad day at work today. Matt you are lucky to get a raise. Most people I know are getting pay cuts or no raise at all.

I need to hit the pool, try to relax and forget about today at work. May need a few adult beverages to relax.

The pool sounds great and after the day I had if I could drink I would.

Missou - my fibroid was larger than my uterus and I only had one. Sure don't miss either one.! LOL

Well we got my DH his car a cherry red Cobalt.

Glad that is over.

But work was a nightmare, a nurse quit and left everyone shorthanded so the moods were not happy ones thank God I am independant private care and don't work for the facilty.

I get so exhausted lately and I am usually and have always been a hyper person so it is hard for me to feel this way.

As for eating today I started out nauseated and didn't feel like eating this morning and didn't feel like eating until after we got the car at 4:30pm and DH wanted Chinese well I didn't make wise choices and now really feel sick to tummy.

Lock my mouth and throw away the key please.

Hello friends. It seems like old times! Matt is back, Vickey is doing better and back on line, and Missou is back from France, also Rene is getting caught up.... the rest of us tried to hold down the fort!

I'm getting nervous about reaching my goal... not sure if I can do it because I'm feeling rather lazy and unmotivated. I should be in my work-out clothes right now but I'm thinking more about what I want to eat for dinner. :D

Thus far, I've eaten ok today, did the stairs x 4, did my am and afternoon walks but when it comes down to the really tough part (running and getting through a healthy dinner) I fall apart. I really don't want to "be good" because of guilt but that seems to work for me.

So.... I'll toughen up, stop whining, and go put on my running shoes!

Take care all!

B

PS: Matt, I'm holding you to that Valor review. You MUST have it done by the time I leave for Miami on 8/27!! :p

Hello friends. It seems like old times! Matt is back, Vickey is doing better and back on line, and Missou is back from France, also Rene is getting caught up.... the rest of us tried to hold down the fort!

I'm getting nervous about reaching my goal... not sure if I can do it because I'm feeling rather lazy and unmotivated. I should be in my work-out clothes right now but I'm thinking more about what I want to eat for dinner. :D

Thus far, I've eaten ok today, did the stairs x 4, did my am and afternoon walks but when it comes down to the really tough part (running and getting through a healthy dinner) I fall apart. I really don't want to "be good" because of guilt but that seems to work for me.

So.... I'll toughen up, stop whining, and go put on my running shoes!

Take care all!

B

PS: Matt, I'm holding you to that Valor review. You MUST have it done by the time I leave for Miami on 8/27!! :p

I too am glad the gangs all back together again.:)

If it wasn't for you all here I would be going crazy thinking about all the different scenario options that could happen in the next week or two.

The night time is the hardest for me too, let's join forces and commit to not giving in to temptation and to not use guilt or in my case excuses to get out of exercising or eating healthy.

WE CAN DO THIS easy to say after I just ate at a Chinese buffet:eek:

I hope you get those running shoes on and have a nice workout and don't worry about the whining it's nice to see someone else do it besides me.:D

Hello Norwaylin. Welcome to our board. We always like to have new people join our group. I am matt, also known as Sarge. I am in charge of having people walking stairs. best of luck with the weight loss. we will be here to motivate you.

Well, i am in the process of writing it up in Word. once i do that, i will transfer it to the Cruise Critic member Reviews. I will also try to do a review on the Carnival part of the board and add some pictures.

Well, time for bed. Good night everyone.

I too am glad the gangs all back together again.:)

Yipee!! I'm hearing the song "We Are Family" in the back of my mind for some reason!

The night time is the hardest for me too, let's join forces and commit to not giving in to temptation and to not use guilt or in my case excuses to get out of exercising or eating healthy.

I agree!

WE CAN DO THIS easy to say after I just ate at a Chinese buffet:eek:

I hope you get those running shoes on and have a nice workout and don't worry about the whining it's nice to see someone else do it besides me.:D

Ok, I did get on the treadmill for an hour... whew! Got past that minor obstacle.... If I'd just not listen to that little voice in my mind (no I don't have a multi-personality disorder) that says just put exercise off until tomorrow and just go with what I know I should do I will be fine. (Ok, maybe not but....)

I would like to commit to working out 30 times in 30 days... I would feel better about leaving on my cruise with knowing that I gave my best effort. I'm thinking it may be unrealistic but we'll see....

So this will be day 1 of my countdown for my 30 day goal. :D

Take care,

B

:eek::eek::eek: My doc told me I had several!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I did all of my routines. I went on the Ab King Pro and stopped quickly because of the pain in my belly. Tried to do the stairs, but my knee was in pain. I decided to wait a little for the treadmill, but got lazy when the time came to do it.

I was awaken by a big thunder storm at around 0015 hours, got up to close the window, went back to bed and a few minutes later, my 18 year old daughter came to see me... She doesn't like the lighting and the storm was really big and close to our place. The sky was green, the wind was furious, the rain was falling hard on the house and there was hail at a certain moment. We might have had a very small tornado, but I don't really think so. It was a really big storm though.

I will try to go back to sleep now, sweet dreams every one.

PS Welcome aboard Linda

Vickey - I do not know if you are up to posting weights this week or not. I had originally decided not to post just before the cruise but decided I really should. If you decide to post, I stayed the same again...207.

Marsha

good morning all. How is everyone doing today?

Dominique ~ that stinks about the storms. I woke up to rain here in Pittsburgh, but it is not bad. We need it here. I was afraid of storms for a long time until being stuck in my house by myself when they were calling for a tornado watch. I had to remain calm and gathered both cats, one dog, and my hamster into the basement, shut the door, and then went back and got a blanket and pillows. Now, i enjoy watching them.

Linda ~ again, welcome aboard. Since you have had knee surgery, i won't force you to do too many steps.

To everyone else ~ Get moving on those Steps.

Sarge

Hello all. I live in Ohio and am hoping to schedule a cruise next year, but would like to lose some more weight before then. May I join you?

Well, i am in the process of writing it up in Word. once i do that, i will transfer it to the Cruise Critic member Reviews. I will also try to do a review on the Carnival part of the board and add some pictures.

Hello all. I live in Ohio and am hoping to schedule a cruise next year, but would like to lose some more weight before then. May I join you?

WELCOME ABOAD we love new losers and hope to motivate you into becoming a winning loser.

We share everything here the good,bad and the ugly.:D

Well, i am in the process of writing it up in Word. once i do that, i will transfer it to the Cruise Critic member Reviews. I will also try to do a review on the Carnival part of the board and add some pictures. Pictures:eek: oh no I do hope these are of the cruise not the honeymoon. :D Looking forward to reading your cruise report.

I do plan on posting weights they will be up and running tonight after work, as I want to revise the list since we have chased so many away(aweigh).:confused:

Here's hoping everyone's day is a great one.

I hope mine gets better once I call my PVP and hopefully qualify for the new Carnival Sale going on it would save us $100.:)

Today, I am in pain so no exercise for me :mad:

Something always comes up and I didn't get a good massage yet. I am getting frustrated :mad::mad::mad:

Hubby said tonight... I hope so :rolleyes:

Did you notice that when I am in pain, I am not as patient... :eek:

WELCOME ABOAD we love new losers and hope to motivate you into becoming a winning loser.

We share everything here the good,bad and the ugly.:D

Yes and they like to pick on me, being one of the only guys in this group. So feel free to talk about your red week.

And vickey, what if all i have are pictures of the honeymoon and no cruise???

Yes and they like to pick on me, being one of the only guys in this group. So feel free to talk about your red week.

Mind you, I didn't put your name after the ugly:Dwe love you Matt.

And vickey, what if all i have are pictures of the honeymoon and no cruise???

Well all I can say is being in the medical field ...there isn't anything I haven't seen:eek:. That doesn't mean that my face won't turn red,I get razzed all the time because I embrasses easy and my face turns beet red.

Abd we would hate to have them kick us off here. :mad:

I still haven't gathered the info for weight posting...I promise to get my act to together and post them...sorry:(

Work is really hectic when you miss 2 weeks....especially when you have spoiled patients like me who actually won't hardly let anyone else do things for them they wait for me. DAH.

BTW...I didn't qualify for the new 4 day Sale unless we downgrade our cabins which I am not willing to do , we have top notch cabins with extended balconies with no obstructions and they want to put me in a cabin with a lifeboat in front. NO WAY.

My eating plan has gone great today.

My doctor wants me to eat small meals every 3 hours to keep my metabolism up so the steriods don't work against like they have in the past. The hard part is actually eating that much food. Of course if helps if the food is healthy stuff:confused:

Breakfast.....4 ounces turkey sausage(homemade),1 cup oats

Snack....almonds and 8 ounce glass of V-8 juice

Lunch....4 ounces of rotessiere chicken breast in a whole wheat pita pocket stuff with onion-lettuce and raw veggies(cucumbers,celery,red/green/yellow peppers)

Snack....an apple (was suppose to add a protein but didn't)

Dinner....5 ounces chicken breast again stuffed in a pita pocket, green beans, cucumbers and cherry tomoatoes.

Snack...eating while posting this....a frozen banana

Excercising....walking but not much else. Trying not to over do.

We have a very nice thrift store here that I dearly love. I go there alot to pick up my underclothed patients some cothing

. They have twice a month a Bag Sale it is where you can fill a brown grocery sack with all the clothes that will fit in in. I have to tell you 'I am a master at stuffing those bags.

I hit a jackpot today for myself and DH as well. Found alot of things for our cruise. Which helps since we both have lost enough that all clothes are to big I am down 2 sizes.

Here's what I got:

a teal tea length dress with a brocaid jacket...you can tell it had only been worn once. Taking this on our cruise for formal night.

A cream crocheted full length shawl ...will look nice with a black dress I found at Fashion Bug on Sale.

a pair of black dress pants, a pair of black capri's,

a brand new black Lane Byrant swimsuit and white long t-shirt style swimsuit cover up.

And aprox. 5 tops

A pair of new white sandals

Found DH

5 pairs of Docker dress shorts...New with tags still on

2 pair of dress pants also new with tags Habband brand

4-5 t-shirts and 2 dressy Hawaian shirts .....which I told my DH he had to wear.

4 pairs of new Joeboxer shorts to sleep in.

Plus much more all for $10.00 I filled 2 bags.

The less I pay for cruise clothing the more I have to spend on other things maybe even another cruise.:D

I also hit Fashion Bug's Big Sale today Buy one item and get the next for $5.00 and this included sale items. I also had a $10.00 off coupon so I got

2 pairs of capris one casual and one dressy. A crocheted half jacket to wear with my sundresses so my "BATWINGS" don't show.:eek:

Also 3 knit tops and one dressy formal top for formal night.

I bought this all in a size that fits snug so I will loose the weight need to wear them....I started 3 months ago wearing a size 22 and am down to a size 18 now but got size 16-18.

I also had some great luck finding 2 sundresses on clearance that can be dressed up or made more casual.

Now that I have truly bored everyone with my shopping excursions I will give you a break so adios.

Wow Vickey - shop till you drop and you will have no time to snack. Maybe that would work for me.

I, for one, had another super lousy day at work. I cannot wait for my week's vacation! 14 hours of work left till vacation - YES! Now if I can just get the work done to get out of there at 1:00 on Friday.

Friday afternoon is a pedicure with my DD. We will then combine our clothes into 2 large suitcases so if one does not make it for some reason we each have several outfits.

I've been in a bad mood tonight. I know I should not be but I always get very antsy and nervous before a trip. I just worry about all I have to get done. With DH staying here though I do not have to worry about the dogs or closing up the house or stopping the mail, etc.

We head for Columbus at 6:00 a.m. Saturday. We will drop DS's dog off at his inlaws in Pataskala (sp!?) and his DFIL will take us to the airport. Our plane leaves for NYC at 11:10. About 1:00 we will be at LaGuardia heading to Manhattan. We got the Hilton through frequent user points (DH) so we are staying at Times Square. I have never been there. We are taking the Ho Ho Bus tour around the city. We have a car service picking us up at the airport.

Sunday morning we will head to the pier about 10:30 and try to board as early as possible. Since we are Latitudes members we should be able to get on by 11:00 or 11:30. Then it is bye-bye worries and stresses from home. Time to wind down and enjoy.

Marsha

We have a very nice thrift store here that I dearly love. I go there alot to pick up my underclothed patients some cothing

. They have twice a month a Bag Sale it is where you can fill a brown grocery sack with all the clothes that will fit in in. I have to tell you 'I am a master at stuffing those bags.

I hit a jackpot today for myself and DH as well. Found alot of things for our cruise. Which helps since we both have lost enough that all clothes are to big I am down 2 sizes.

Here's what I got:

a teal tea length dress with a brocaid jacket...you can tell it had only been worn once. Taking this on our cruise for formal night.

A cream crocheted full length shawl ...will look nice with a black dress I found at Fashion Bug on Sale.

a pair of black dress pants, a pair of black capri's,

a brand new black Lane Byrant swimsuit and white long t-shirt style swimsuit cover up.

And aprox. 5 tops

A pair of new white sandals

Found DH

5 pairs of Docker dress shorts...New with tags still on

2 pair of dress pants also new with tags Habband brand

4-5 t-shirts and 2 dressy Hawaian shirts .....which I told my DH he had to wear.

4 pairs of new Joeboxer shorts to sleep in.

Plus much more all for $10.00 I filled 2 bags.

The less I pay for cruise clothing the more I have to spend on other things maybe even another cruise.:D

I also hit Fashion Bug's Big Sale today Buy one item and get the next for $5.00 and this included sale items. I also had a $10.00 off coupon so I got

2 pairs of capris one casual and one dressy. A crocheted half jacket to wear with my sundresses so my "BATWINGS" don't show.:eek:

Also 3 knit tops and one dressy formal top for formal night.

I bought this all in a size that fits snug so I will loose the weight need to wear them....I started 3 months ago wearing a size 22 and am down to a size 18 now but got size 16-18.

I also had some great luck finding 2 sundresses on clearance that can be dressed up or made more casual.

Now that I have truly bored everyone with my shopping excursions I will give you a break so adios.

WOW!!! I love bargains... what a great job you did. I agree, the less I spend on clothes the more I can spend on other things. (I'm not one to really care what I wear and I wear things over and over and over....)

B

So.... I'm 2 for 2. Just keeping score for my 30 day personal challenge. This is the last push before my cruise. I still need to lose about 5 pounds in 1 month. So I'm trying to do 30 workouts in 30 days and keep my eating in check. I may not reach my goal but even if I lost another couple pounds I'd be happy!

My office had the "taco man" cater lunch today and I didn't go downstairs to the patio where they were grilling the meat and preparing the food. The food addict that I am, I knew that I couldn't resist the entire Mexican spread - carnitas, beef, chicken, and all the sides - rice, beans, tortilla chips, and tortillas. Later I found out that they had BIG cookies - I definitely wouldn't have been able to resist those delicious goodies! So I ran errands at lunch and ate some cottage cheese and fruit followed by a Fiber One bar.

Wishing you all a happy and restful evening!

B

Brenda,

good for not going down and getting suckered into that good food.. sure it would taste awesome and that big cookie would be great, but you did the smart thing and stayed away. I too would have had to indulge if i went down.

Vickey,

Awesome job with the shopping. I also love to hit up the thrift stores to find some stuff.

Riddle,

Hope you are ready for your cruise. Enjoy it and can't wait to hear how it went.

Archived