Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Hi Marla.......it is nice to see a neighbor that will be cruising at the same time. :)

When and where are you flying out of?

I am not on the S&S group as we are newbies and this is our first cruise but they have an interesting forum but a little too much partying for us.:D But am looking forward to meeting some of them.

We are flying out of Cincy on Saturday and staying at Chase Suites the night before.

We have been married 33 yrs so here is hoping you enjoyed your 25th anniversary.

Please keep in touch.

Hello Vdarrel,

We are flying out on Saturday with Delta from Fort Wayne to Cincinnati then to Tampa. We are staying at the Hampton Inn. I got a great rate tax included for $110.88.

And btw, we are not the partying type either... :cool:

Talk to you soon,

Marla

Thanks, everyone, for such a nice welcome! :D

Sarge - Hopefully you'll be able to whip me into shape! Before I went to bed last night I did 3 reps each of 20 sit-ups, 20 leg-lifts (each leg) and 20 push-ups (girlie style :rolleyes:). I even got up early enough this morning to walk a mile on the treadmill. Sounds great, right? Well... I had 3 pieces of pizza for lunch! :eek: The boss bought us pizza and I didn't want to seem ungrateful! I'm hoping that, if I do the same exercises tonight and tomorrow morning, it won't have hurt me too bad.

Missou and Vdarrell - I am so sorry you're both dealing with your health issues. I wish you both the best and we'll be saying a little prayer for you during these next few weeks.

Thanks, everyone, for such a nice welcome! :D

Sarge - Hopefully you'll be able to whip me into shape! Before I went to bed last night I did 3 reps each of 20 sit-ups, 20 leg-lifts (each leg) and 20 push-ups (girlie style :rolleyes:). I even got up early enough this morning to walk a mile on the treadmill. Sounds great, right? Well... I had 3 pieces of pizza for lunch! :eek: The boss bought us pizza and I didn't want to seem ungrateful! I'm hoping that, if I do the same exercises tonight and tomorrow morning, it won't have hurt me too bad.

Missou and Vdarrell - I am so sorry you're both dealing with your health issues. I wish you both the best and we'll be saying a little prayer for you during these next few weeks.

Thank you for the prayers they are always welcomed.....speaking of welcomes we are always happy to have (winning)losers join us the more the better.

I feel this is a journey that needs someone who walks the walk to be able to do the talk and everyone on here has or still is walking the walk and doing a lot of talking while we do. :D We encourage, motivate and some even get down out right mean :rolleyes:about making you do your stairs or shut down all escalators/elevators while you are vacation so you have to take the stairs I won't mention names missou and Matt:D

But then these two are also one of many on here that have held my hand through a very trying time. THANKS EVERYONE

Dominique: 3 more days!!! How exciting!

Vickey: Still praying.. hoping today is a good day.

I had a short pig-out session yesterday. I was at a client's office for the day and we catered lunch - which just happened to be Corner Bakery (yummy sandwiches and pastries and other bakery items as the name implies.)

I chose a chicken breast sandwich on a bagette. Thought my choice was good but looking at the nutrition facts - it was almost 800 calories for the sandwich! Yikes!! I also had a mixed green salad and a raspberry bar - it was small but yummy. I figured since I was counting the calories I would exercise a good long time in the evening to make my daily goal. Well... driving 2.5 hours through LA traffice did not leave me motivated to run last night. So ..... not that great of a day but today is a new day. I did my morning exercises and have my gym clothes on to go get on the treadmill. I will do it today! :D

Take care,

B

It is not so nice today, there are stroms in the air :rolleyes:

I will work on my routine, my AKP and the stairs.

I just realized that I will use the stairs on the boat in about 55 hours danse004.gif

When I will be in Bermuda, I wonder if the water activities will still be available. With the visit from Bill, marine life will most likely have been affected :eek:

It is not so nice today, there are stroms in the air :rolleyes:

I will work on my routine, my AKP and the stairs.

I just realized that I will use the stairs on the boat in about 55 hours danse004.gif

When I will be in Bermuda, I wonder if the water activities will still be available. With the visit from Bill, marine life will most likely have been affected :eek:

55 hours :):) I hope Bill doesn't cause problems for you.

We have had storms on and off but today is a nice day.

Well I had my consult with my anesthesiologist and everything is in order. I can't wait till this is over.:(

It is hot and humid outside and I just finished a 2 hours energetic walk. I feel so sticky :eek::eek: I need a good shower :cool:

I have been monitoring Bill for the past few days now and I am happy to say that it won't affect us so much. I intend to to a lot of walking on the island ;)

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=6584&from=hp_video_1

Tomorrow will be my last weight-in before the cruise. On the 31st, I'll do my weight-in and my measurments. I then will have a 3 months period before my big November cruise. I hope by then I will have lost some inches on my belly :eek::eek:

Vickey, I am glad to know everything is in order with the anesthesiologist and I hope you can relax before your operation next week. If your Hubby or your sister could keep us up to date on how you are recuperating, it would be nice.

Take real good care of yourself 11_7_102.gif

Looks like everyone is doing well. I think I'm coming down on my weight I'll know for sure on Monday..:rolleyes: I'm still two weeks away from my cruise. So there is a change I can lose some more weight... Hopefully this weekend will go well...

Looks like everyone is doing well. I think I'm coming down on my weight I'll know for sure on Monday..:rolleyes: I'm still two weeks away from my cruise. So there is a change I can lose some more weight... Hopefully this weekend will go well...

Kudos: Congrats on your progress. I'll leave some warm chocolate melting cake for you! (actually, I've never had it since it doesn't sound good to me!) I'll be getting off the Valor when you are getting on. :p

Vickey, I am glad to know everything is in order with the anesthesiologist and I hope you can relax before your operation next week. If your Hubby or your sister could keep us up to date on how you are recuperating, it would be nice.

Take real good care of yourself 11_7_102.gif

I will have someone keep you all updated. My little sister doesn't have a computor and loves to have any reason to get on mine.:D Besides last time she let you all know she loved reading the posts and wants to cruise so bad.

emmysmommy .......HI we are on at the same time.

I am having another one of my everyone heading to bed early and I am wide awake and nothing to do(I quess I could clean up the house )NOT:D

Everyone raves about the chocolate melting cake and I have no desire to even try it I am not a sweet eater and don't care for chocolate per say.

How is your day/night going.?

emmysmommy .......HI we are on at the same time.

I am having another one of my everyone heading to bed early and I am wide awake and nothing to do(I quess I could clean up the house )NOT:D

Everyone raves about the chocolate melting cake and I have no desire to even try it I am not a sweet eater and don't care for chocolate per say.

How is your day/night going.?

Oops... didn't come back to this page until a couple hours later. :rolleyes:

To answer your question.... my day was great - this was my last work day and now I'm officially on vacation.

I managed to get my butt on the treadmill for 45 min. tonight. I actually ate a lot today but it was a lot of fruit and veggies so my calories were under my limit. :D

Glad that your sister will be able to keep us updated as to how things are going post op for you. We all wish you nothing short of a speedy recovery and that everything goes well.

I didn't sleep well last night so I think that I'll call it a night.

Take care,

B

Hello everyone, I did not fall asleep before 2 am last night because it was too hot and humid here :mad::mad: I went to bed downstairs, it was more comfortable. I just woke up. That means, I slept 7 hours and I will be driving all night :eek: I have a few errands to run today and I have no car. I'll have to walk for another 2 hours :cool:. I'll go this morning because the weather for this afternoon is not so nice. After my walk, I should do my exercises, my stairs and my AKP.

This morning was my last pre-cruise weight-in and I am at 160.4 :mad: I did not lose the six :mad:

I will go eat my breakfast now so I can start my walk as quickly as possible. I still have a wash load to do for the cruise and I will include the shorts I will wear for my walk in it. Good thing I am leaving after midnight.

Hello everyone, I did not fall asleep before 2 am last night because it was too hot and humid here :mad::mad: I went to bed downstairs, it was more comfortable. I just woke up. That means, I slept 7 hours and I will be driving all night :eek: I have a few errands to run today and I have no car. I'll have to walk for another 2 hours :cool:. I'll go this morning because the weather for this afternoon is not so nice. After my walk, I should do my exercises, my stairs and my AKP.

This morning was my last pre-cruise weight-in and I am at 160.4 :mad: I did not lose the six :mad:

I will go eat my breakfast now so I can start my walk as quickly as possible. I still have a wash load to do for the cruise and I will include the shorts I will wear for my walk in it. Good thing I am leaving after midnight.

Dominique: Have a wonderful time in Bermuda!!! With all that walking today you could very well lose the 6!!

Take care,

B

I am not having a very good day so I just wanted to pop in and say

Missou...have a great time and enjoy yourself. Talk to you when you get back we want to read all details of your trip.

Everyone else here's hoping you have a good day.

Dominique - Don't stress yourself about the 6 lbs. Just have a great time in Bermuda and worry about the other stuff when you get back. Our cruise is in November too so we can work toward that together! :)

Brenda - I know how easy it is to get off track at work. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 139.8 (Yay! I finally got under 140!) :D But then... someone brought in two giant lasagnes (one of which is my all-time favorite) and I ate way too much. Then after work, I had to go to Hooters with the coworkers (because I can never say NO) and then to the Pub (because I can never say NO). Needless to say... I gained almost 5 lbs by the end of the day! :eek: It was better this morning but I'm going to have to work all over again to get back to where I was.

BTW... what is AKP? :o

Archived