Question re: Share the Wealth Coupons

Sandy R

Okay... I received a Share the Wealth Coupon from a friend who's going on the same December that cruise I am. I sent the coupon to Princess. I waited to see the shipboard credit on the Princess website but didn't, so I called Princess. I was told that because I had used a Future Cruise booking on my sailing and got shipboard credit from that, I couldn't get shipboard from the Share the Wealth Coupon. Anyone else had the same experience. Should I get my TA involved?

Sandy

Hi Sandy - I am a little confused so I went and found my "Share the wealth" coupon. How I understand it (which can be wrong) is that Share the Wealth coupons are so that your friends can have a reduced booking deposit and also receive a shipboard credit while on the same ship you are on.

So, are you having problems using referral credits plus future cruise deposits?

If I am totally off base - let me know. I may be confusing promotions.

Theresa

Lets say I have 6 future bookings on record. Friends say they are going on 15 day cruise and ask why don't I join them and give me a share the wealth coupon. I say yes and book cruise using two of my 6 future bookings and send in share the wealth coupon. What I am hearing is because I am getting a $200 room credit from the pre-booking, I cannot receive the $200 room credit from the share the wealth coupon?? Correct?? :confused:

The share the wealth coupon is not for use by the person that has a on board future booking - it is to be used by another party on the same cruise as the person with the future booking - it cannot be used to double dip - I may have misunderstood the OP's question.

Ron

The share the wealth coupon is not for use by the person that has a on board future booking - it is to be used by another party on the same cruise as the person with the future booking - it cannot be used to double dip - I may have misunderstood the OP's question.

Ron

Therefore I could have saved my onboard booking for another time, used the share the wealth coupon received from friend, paid $100pp deposit and received my $100pp room credit for a 15 day cruise using the share the wealth coupon..

When I first replied I was thinking of the referral credits - they can be used in combination with the share the wealth - sorry.

Ron

Ron - that is where I became confused also. Share the Wealth is for "the friends" going with you on the cruise. I wonder if the OP meant referral credits plus future cruise deposit credits?

Sorry my explanation was confusing but I'm confused. I think Largin described best what I wanted to say. Princess told me I couldn't double dip since I was already using a Future Cruise Certificate for my December cruise. Doesn't make sense to me since the Share The Wealth Coupon said nothing about the person you give it to, not being able to use it if they booked their cruise with a Future Cruise Certificate. I will get my TA involved since Coiran said he was able to use both.

Thank you for all your thoughts and info... Sandy

Archived