Boatyard - appropriate for kids?

torontogal70

Hey all,

We have read about the Boatyard and considering it for our family. I was reading the Lonely Planet guide and it seems to suggest that it is a very open place with lots of drinking and very sexually provocative. We will be there in the afternoon not evening.

Can someone please tell me their thoughts on this? I do not want the kids to be subject to nudity/topless bathing.

Please advise...

We have read about the Boatyard and considering it for our family.

I was reading the Lonely Planet guide and it seems to suggest that it is a very open place

with lots of drinking and very sexually provocative.

We will be there in the afternoon not evening.

I do not want the kids to be subject to nudity/topless bathing.

Your husband will be a lucky guy if he catches any of that sorta action! :D

Yes, things can get a little wild in the clubhouse, but most people with kids merely pass thru that area

and are quickly out onto the beach where there is no nudity/topless bathing(unless Lady Luck is in town).

Your imagination is being a bit over-active, and you're believing Lonely Planet's hyped blurb.

Your poor husband. He'll be so disappointed! Sorry dude. :cool:

Your husband will be a lucky guy if he catches any of that sorta action! :D

Yes, things can get a little wild in the clubhouse, but most people with kids merely pass thru that area

and are quickly out onto the beach where there is no nudity/topless bathing(unless Lady Luck is in town).

Your imagination is being a bit over-active, and you're believing Lonely Planet's hyped blurb.

Your poor husband. He'll be so disappointed! Sorry dude. :cool:

Thank you for your post! Gotta have the hubby read your response! :D

• 2 weeks later...

we just got home from Barbados and DID NOT observe anything you would worry about. Just loud music. There are two nice huge trampoline rafts in the water and it was great fun. Take your son. You won't be sorry.

We did the $4 taxi (right by the pier) to Boatyard. Paid $15 entrance fee which gave us umbrella, chair and one drink (soft or hard). Then anytime after l p.m. their vans are parked in front to take you back to the ship. Well worth the money. Go early because they might run out of umbrellas and it is HOT!

marlene

marlenewendtch@sbcglobal.net

We just did the Boatyard as well last week and the beach is really beautiful. We had 3 teenagers with us and they enjoyed the trampolines, but when we asked if the iceburg would go in the water they were told - not today - kind of annoyed me as they would have liked to use all the water stuff. The iceburg was inflated and looked like it only needed to be anchored in the water. Also, for your info the rope swing doesn't open until after lunch because thats when the tide comes in and its too shallow before the tide comes in which makes sense. However it started to rain, correction pour rain by about noon. We tried to wait it our under our umbrellas, but after about 45 minutes we decided to head back to the ship. I knew the return van rides don't start until 1:00 and they were a bit annoyed that we asked to be driven back early. I had about enough of it all when my husband stepped in and talked to the woman at the booth and convinced her that nine of us wanting to leave 15 minutes early should be accommodated. And they did - begrudgingly. However, in all honestly, chairs- umbreallas and drinks were great - about $3.50 for a beer after you have your free drink. Beach and water - absolutely beautiful.

Archived