Maitre D Tip

pnjkeith

Never sat at table for two. Wife wants table for two on next cruise. I know that you go request on first day after boarding. Question is do ya'll Tip him when you request it? Thanks

What would it hurt? He/she is providing a service for you. Hopefully, if you do, they will make it happen. If not, then I surely wouldn't at the end of the cruise. Just my opinion, though!

Hello this is what I have done twice. Make sure to get on the ship before 1:00.

Carnival usually sails full and on some ships has very limited number of small tables.

Be first, or one of the first in line to see the M.D. Then ask as nicely as possible for the table for two. I always offer a cash tip $ 50.00 Bill.

that is poliely refused at the time. They either give me a table # then or tell me to come by when I come in for dinner. I have had to change dining times and dining rooms but I do not care. I have even been right by the kitchen. Once right by the M.D station and stairs. But it is so worth it for it to just be my family.

I work in fine dinning and my spouse works in healthcare, On vacation he does not like the small talk thing. I sort of do it for a living so I enjoy the break too. When I cruise solo or with friends I do luck of the draw and it is O.K. But when we cruise as a family it is better to have our own table.

They always want to seat us with two single women. LOL

So if you enjoy your table for two, At the end of the cruise give the M.D.

the tip you offered. Hand it to him in the envelope and thank him for the great table..

Tom in Long Beach

Never sat at table for two. Wife wants table for two on next cruise. I know that you go request on first day after boarding. Question is do ya'll Tip him when you request it? Thanks

If he was able to meet our request I would tip him. This is another reason we liked the anytime dinning. We got a table for 2 of us if we felt like eating alone that night.

Archived