Ruby Princess - Questions about hangers and disembarkment

cruisegrrl

I am traveling on Ruby Princess next month and have two questions:

1) Does anyone know how many hangers they have in a standard cabin? I am not sure if I need to pack extras.

2) Does Princess have a policy to leave your luggage in the hall the night before you disembark? If yes, what is the latest time? I would rather not do this until the morning.

Thanks!

1) Does anyone know how many hangers they have in a standard cabin? I am not sure if I need to pack extras.

2) Does Princess have a policy to leave your luggage in the hall the night before you disembark? If yes, what is the latest time? I would rather not do this until the morning.

Thanks!

Hi

Just returned fromRuby yesterday... it was GREAT ...

To answer your questions: I would say 20 wooden hangers

And thy suggest putting out your lugage before dinner - but they did not take them until around 9:00pm Friday night.. I would say 10:00 pm at the latest.

Does Princess have a policy to leave your luggage in the hall the night before you disembark? If yes, what is the latest time? I would rather not do this until the morning.

Unfortunately you don't have the option of leaving your luggage out the morning of disembarkation. It must be out the night before. The only other option is if you choose the express disembarkation, but you must be able to carry off ALL of your own luggage yourself without any assistance. In that case, you don't have to leave luggage out at all.

As someone else posted, they do request that you leave your luggage out around dinner time the night before so that they are not moving a lot of luggage late at night and disturbing people. I agree, however, that I have seen them moving luggage at 10 pm or later.

Hi

We pack far too many clothes and find there are plenty of hangers for the two of us:D. If you run short just ask the cabin steward who will provide more.

With regards to the luggage - we keep one case back until we are ready to retire and then pack our clothes. Place the case outside the cabin usually before 2am and it gets picked up ok.

Hope this helps.

Although they do ask you to put the luggage out before you go to dinner, all the luggage will be picked up by morning no matter when you put it out. They try & minimize the amount of luggage movement during the night after people are sleeping.

Thanks!

1) No need to pack extra hangers. If there aren't enough in your closet, just ask your stateroom steward and he/she will supply as many as you need.

2) Sorry, but the luggage can not be put out in the morning, it has to go out sometime the night before. We have never put our luggage out before dinner, but just before we go to bed that night. Bring along a carry on to put those last minute items in for the final morning. If you are flying home, you can always transfer items back to your luggage (such as liquids) before you check the luggage at the airport.

Then remember to sign up for express disembarkation -- they are the first ones off the ship. Expect crowded elevators.

Thanks for your quick response! I think I would rather just carry my own luggage out in the morning... less stress : )

Holland America offers for a $16 per person fee the following. We used it this past February and it was a delight not to deal with the bags until we picked them up at our final destination airport (Seattle).

Signature Express Baggage Service

Signature Express Baggage Service offers you the opportunity to receive your airline boarding passes, and check your luggage in to your flight while still onboard your Holland America Line ship. Our TSA certified partners will take your luggage directly from the ship and deliver it to your outbound aircraft. You will then claim your luggage when you arrive at your final airport destination.

This disembarkation option allows you to enjoy your final hours in the port at your leisure. Imagine your options: 1) enjoy the sights of the city or 2) stand in a never-ending line at the airport--the choice is yours with Signature Express Baggage Service.

Signature Express Baggage Service is available in selected departure ports and for selected ships, detailed below. Once onboard, a letter explaining the eligibility requirements will be sent to you.

Holland America Line is offering Signature Express Baggage Service in:

• Fort Lauderdale
  • Los Angeles
  • Seattle
  • San Diego
  • Vancouver
  • Tampa

I take it that Princess does not offer this service although they are part of the same family?

Holland America offers for a $16 per person fee the following. We used it this past February and it was a delight not to deal with the bags until we picked them up at our final destination airport (Seattle).

Signature Express Baggage Service

Signature Express Baggage Service offers you the opportunity to receive your airline boarding passes, and check your luggage in to your flight while still onboard your Holland America Line ship. Our TSA certified partners will take your luggage directly from the ship and deliver it to your outbound aircraft. You will then claim your luggage when you arrive at your final airport destination.

This disembarkation option allows you to enjoy your final hours in the port at your leisure. Imagine your options: 1) enjoy the sights of the city or 2) stand in a never-ending line at the airport--the choice is yours with Signature Express Baggage Service.

Signature Express Baggage Service is available in selected departure ports and for selected ships, detailed below. Once onboard, a letter explaining the eligibility requirements will be sent to you.

Holland America Line is offering Signature Express Baggage Service in:

• Fort Lauderdale
  • Los Angeles
  • Seattle
  • San Diego
  • Vancouver
  • Tampa

I take it that Princess does not offer this service although they are part of the same family?

Princess offers this for select airlines only. I assume it is offered on most, if not all, Princess ships. I have particularly seen a sign for it at the port in San Juan.

Kendon,

Thank you for the information. Hopefully Delta is part of the program in FLL. As I said originally, it worked very well for us in San Diego and it was nice not having to drag our big luggage through the cruise terminal and to the airport. Well worth the $32 fee.

Archived