stingray city excrusion

yahooyou81

I need everyones advice on which tour person to book with I would like to book with someone who has a nice book, and where they have a limit to where it is not very crowded, and also if possible maybe a tour where they include an open bar:D?

There are several reputable tour providers so you may hear many names. Captain Marvins, Moby Dick, and Nativeway are among those most frequently discussed here.

Alas in Cayman you will not find any such tours with an open bar. Import duties make alcohol an expensive commodity here.

I need everyones advice on which tour person to book with I would like to book with someone who has a nice book, and where they have a limit to where it is not very crowded, and also if possible maybe a tour where they include an open bar:D?

We used Capt Marvin two years ago and it was wonderful. You go to the Coral Gardens, then the reef and finally Stingray city. It is only even slightly crowded at Stingray City. Not to be missed though, what an incredible experience!! We booked with Capt Marvin on our own. He is walking distance from where the tender drops you off

Cheers, Kenn

We used Stingray Sailing and found it outstanding. The boat is a Catamaran and the captain, Chip, is great. Even though the boat will hold more he will take no more than 25 per trip. This assures you of room to lay out on the way to to stingray city. On our trip we only had 11 persons. Chip offers free water and beer and pop at a reasonable price. On our trip, because the winds made for less than optimal snorkling, Chip, was offering beverages for free. The winds did make for great sailing.

I vote Native Way, I have taken the Stingray City and Island Tour twice and both times only 4 people on the tour. The 2nd time our family had our own private tour, and our own boat to stingray city! Great time and great company. They offer a couple different tours, & they have a website.

We're going to Grand Cayman next month. Can you book the Stingray excursion when you get in to Grand Cayman. Checking a few sites online, prices vary from $30-$45 for an adult. The cruise line is $89. If I can book with one of the reputable vendors mentioned here at the pier, I'd rather do that. At Cozumel, we normally grab a cab to the "Parque Nacional" and enjoy a day at the beach.

We're going to Grand Cayman next month. Can you book the Stingray excursion when you get in to Grand Cayman. Checking a few sites online, prices vary from $30-$45 for an adult. The cruise line is $89. If I can book with one of the reputable vendors mentioned here at the pier, I'd rather do that. At Cozumel, we normally grab a cab to the "Parque Nacional" and enjoy a day at the beach.

There will be MANY companies trying to sell you tours when you get in port. I am not sure if the companies that are mainly recommended here will take walk-ins. I have always booked in advance. So you will have many options to choose from but you may not know anything about the company you choose. I guess it would depend on if the company you want has room...on my first excursion with NativeWay we had a van that could have carried another 5 or so people (there were only 4 of us on the tour) but the 2nd time we took the same tour we had an SUV that only held the 4 of us. Hopefully that made sense.

I would recommend Nativeway, too. We did the "RRR", which is the Rays, Reef, & Rum Point (beach) tour with them in November, and it included a very fresh and delicious lunch at the beach. I would say there were about 16-18 people on our boat and there was plenty of room to move about or sit. They run a great tour and are wonderful folks!

Definitely book ahead. There is also a bar at Room Point. Drinks run about $10 each and are not included.

We just did the "RRR" tour with Nativeway last week, and had a great time. When we got to Stingray City, it was really crowded - so we ended up going and snorkling first, and then coming back to Stingray City. It was much less crowded at that point. Rum Point was beautiful, and the food was excellent. Very good tour overall!

We used Capt. Marvin twice last year and it was great! We also add their island/turtle farm tour. They do stingray city first (before it gets too crowded) and then take you to the turtle farm and do a short island tour (including Hell). I highly recommend them. The people are very friendly and the equipment is clean and not crowded.

There are so many to choose from, it can be very tough for a first timer, like us. I think I have 10 of these operaters saved in favorite folder. :confused:

One question I haven't found an answer to yet, when visiting the rays, is it ok/prefered to be barefoot? Or are shoes suggested

We used Capt. Marvin twice last year and it was great! We also add their island/turtle farm tour. They do stingray city first (before it gets too crowded) and then take you to the turtle farm and do a short island tour (including Hell). I highly recommend them. The people are very friendly and the equipment is clean and not crowded.

We are booked with Capt Marvin, doing the stingray and 1 snorkel stop and also the island tour. I hear Hell's not that exciting. Did they only stop at Hell and Turtle Farm? Did they stop at the rum factory or 7 mi beach? I'm wondering if I should switch and just do the stingray and 2 snorkle stops instead of the island tour.

We're using Nativeway....Rays, Reef & Rum Pointe Beach...highly recommended.....last 5 hours with great lunch included...$62pp. No open bar though.

We are booked with Capt Marvin, doing the stingray and 1 snorkel stop and also the island tour. I hear Hell's not that exciting. Did they only stop at Hell and Turtle Farm? Did they stop at the rum factory or 7 mi beach? I'm wondering if I should switch and just do the stingray and 2 snorkle stops instead of the island tour.

Mermaid......You should go to HELL;)

I have a question. We are going to Stingray City with Stingray Sailing (Chip) but on the noon sailing. Our boat (Ruby Princess) leaves port at 5:00pm and he said we'd be at the dock no later than 4. Has anyone taken the afternoon trip and can you reassure me that Chip will have us back in time (rain, sleet, flood...etc)?I'm just a wee bit nervous...

Thanks!

Just got home from our cruise. We went on the stingray/snorkel excursion through Moby Dick. I can not say enough good things about them. Our group was smaller than any other one we saw. The crew at Moby Dick actually get in the water with you and show you how to hold, pet and kiss the stingrays. It was an amazing experience thanks to Moby Dick. Also, they seemed to really care about the animals, environment and safety of everyone. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Archived