Parking for the Galveston Texas cruise terminals

teencruzr09

:confused: :confused: :confused: Does anyone have any suggetions on where to park in Galveston??? In the past the parking lots we have used are very slow and do not seem to care about their customers. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused: Does anyone have any suggetions on where to park in Galveston??? In the past the parking lots we have used are very slow and do not seem to care about their customers. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Iv never been less than pleased with EZCruise parking. The other main one has equally rave reviews. I cant imagine what parking lot you think they didnt care about the customers?

We have used E Z Cruise many times. My husband usually drops me off at the terminal with the luggage and hands it over to a porter. He then drives to EZ Cruise to park the car and just walks back to the terminal. It is just a block or two over. You can see it from the Carnival terminal Book online and it is cheaper. They will bring you over but he likes to walk instead of wait for them to load you.

We have used E Z Cruise many times. My husband usually drops me off at the terminal with the luggage and hands it over to a porter. He then drives to EZ Cruise to park the car and just walks back to the terminal. It is just a block or two over. You can see it from the Carnival terminal Book online and it is cheaper. They will bring you over but he likes to walk instead of wait for them to load you.

We do this as well. If you're an early bird, the shuttle service can be slow as they're still trying to get people from the ship to their cars. After waiting over an hour to get taken to the ship, we decided to do it this way, and take the shuttle back to the car. Works for us.

We had a less than fantastic experience with EZ cruise. We arrived and were put on a bus with a group of 8 who were traveling together. When we arrived at the port they unloaded the luggage but I was missing one piece. I knew it was on the bus because I handed it to the man who loaded it. When I told the driver that I was missing it all he said was "well, it's not here" and then he drove away!!! Luckily the other group had picked it up by mistake and we figured it out.

I also heard the dispatcher yelling back and forth over the radio that no busses were taking people to the conquest and that they had been waiting for over 45 minutes.

On the way back we saw 2 large city busses run by Lighthouse leave the port while we waited for EZ who then 20 minutes later jammed people into a small school bus with people standing. The luggage piled 7 high. We were the first ones on and our luggage was at the bottom so at that point we had no choice otherwise we would have taken a taxi. We were also at lot 2 so we couldn't walk it.

Obviously next time we will try Lighthouse.

Came out of a horrendously long line today at customs to see a relatively short line of 40 or so people waiting for the EZ Cruise shuttle. 30 minutes passed with NO shuttle. Finally, a tiny old school bus arrived and took about 16 people, loaded up and didn't leave for 15 minutes. No other shuttles came. The EZ Cruise attendant said another was on its way, but didn't know when or how big it would be. Knowing we could have easily walked there several times over, my wife and I and 2 other families decided to just walk to the parking lot, hauling all of our luggage. We dropped the luggage at a driveway outside of the parking lot and ran in to get the cars. I wish we would have just done that immediately. In the time we stood there, at least 5 Lighthouse shuttles came by (several were full-size city-bus sized). I don't know where their parking lot is, or how much they cost compared to EZ Cruise, but I know I won't be using EZ Cruise again.

EZ Cruise was fine last year with a Sunday departure on the Conquest. However I booked Lighthouse this year based on some info I got from a post on CC where someone made the point that if you are leaving on a Monday on the Ecstasy Lighthouse would be a better choice. That was because the close EZ Cruise lot is full from all the folks that parked there for the 7 day cruises.

EZ then has to put you in a more remote lot. I guess you stay closer to the pier with the Lighthouse deal. Same price so I'm giving it a try.

EZ Cruise was fine last year with a Sunday departure on the Conquest. However I booked Lighthouse this year based on some info I got from a post on CC where someone made the point that if you are leaving on a Monday on the Ecstasy Lighthouse would be a better choice. That was because the close EZ Cruise lot is full from all the folks that parked there for the 7 day cruises.

EZ then has to put you in a more remote lot. I guess you stay closer to the pier with the Lighthouse deal. Same price so I'm giving it a try.

This is true...some of our group had reserved parking at EZ Cruise for a Thursday departure and the main lot was full so they sent them to the overflow parking which is not in the best part of town. It also took them forever to get back to their vehicle after the cruise. We had a really good experience with EZ Cruise on our 7 day cruise though.

We are also cruising on the Conquest on 3/29. We are using the Lighthouse parking area. Reserved online both Lighthouse and EZ are $50.00 for a 7 day cruise. We picked Lighthouse just because of the comments people have made on CC about having to wait on a large bus to fill up at EZ compared to a smaller shuttle at Lighthouse. I don't know how the smaller shuttle work out when leaving. I guess we will see.

I used EZ Cruise last fall, just before the hurricane. They were excellent and quick. Earlier this month, it was a completely different story. Long, long lines waiting for the shuttle to take everyone to the ships. No organization, no signs telling you which line to wait in (different line for each terminal).

Returning, it was even worse. We waited an hour at the terminal, while EZ Cruise tried to shuttle people back in small vans and short school buses. As another poster said, we saw Lighthouse buses pass at least 8 times during this wait.

Discussing this with the owner resulted in her calling me a liar, saying there was no way I saw Lighthouse pass by that many times. She also claimed that the radios weren't working (they were), and that the problems are all a result of the hurricane.

I hope they get their act together. Until they do, I vote for Lighthouse.

Your saying the Lighthouse bus passed eight times in the period that one EZ Cruise bus passed? I highly doubt that as well since they don't have any more buses than EZCruise.

It's good that there is a choice for you. I'll stick with EZ Cruise. In the time that it takes to pull my bag down to the shuttle bus area I could be half way to the parking lot. That's why I walk and I'm an old fat guy.;)

This is true...some of our group had reserved parking at EZ Cruise for a Thursday departure and the main lot was full so they sent them to the overflow parking which is not in the best part of town. It also took them forever to get back to their vehicle after the cruise. We had a really good experience with EZ Cruise on our 7 day cruise though.

You bet. On a 7 dayer I'd go right back to EZ Cruise because it's so darn close for people departing on Sun and they treated us right last time.

Your saying the Lighthouse bus passed eight times in the period that one EZ Cruise bus passed? I highly doubt that as well since they don't have any more buses than EZCruise.

No, I said that we saw the Lighthouse bus pass us 7 or 8 times during the time we waited. EZ Cruise had a couple of small vans pick up during that time. The Lighthouse bus could have taken the whole EZ Cruise line in one or two trips.

It's good that there is a choice for you. I'll stick with EZ Cruise. In the time that it takes to pull my bag down to the shuttle bus area I could be half way to the parking lot. That's why I walk and I'm an old fat guy.;)

You don't cruise with my wife. Total strangers commented on how much luggage she had.

You don't cruise with my wife. Total strangers commented on how much luggage she had.

:)I understand;)

It may not have helped you, but it may others, when we travel with friends or have a lot of bags we mange to get them across the street. Then I'll walk and get the car and load from there. It saves having to drive through the terminal and is much faster. There's a particular corner that is used and I saw three groups using the 'secret' system on last cruise from Galveston. Not a lot of local traffic on a Sunday morning.

If it's just the two of us we usually just roll the bags all the way to EZ Cruise. We also use early debarkation.

Archived