Speedos, yes or no?

eXCell2nd

well, i'm 22, 6'0" and weigh 150 pounds, if that's any help :)

Ok, with your stat's, technically, you could pull it off for sure. :) If you like it, wear it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the speedo thing. You will see guys wearing them on your cruise, mostly on middle aged, chubby European, or South Americans. No hater here...just my observations from previous cruises.

If my DH tried to wear a speedo (and he, technically could) our DD (16) would have a fit!

If that's what you're used to wearing and you feel comfortable in them, I don't see why you'd feel out of place. Plenty of guys wear them, and I'm sure you'll see some of those plenty of guys wearing them on your cruise.

Wear whatever you want! Will you be out of place, a little? Probably, but who cares? If you have the body to pull it off, then do your thing!

Here's a speedo story (you know we all have them!): I'm in Myrtle Beach with a girlfriend about 15 years ago. We're laying on our stomachs on two loungers. She's usually VERY quiet, where I'm not so much. As I'm lying there I hear a whispered...OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! LOOK UP. LOOK UP RIGHT NOW!

So...I do. Bad move! Directly in front of us, almost at EYE level, is a man who should NOT have been in a speedo. It looks like a hairy squirrel is trying to escape his speedos. So...he see's us looking and he says in this smooth European voice...."You Like?" LMBO!!!! Ummm...EWWWWW!! We totally cracked up. Who could possibly hold that in? Honestly, it looked like he had combed the squirrel's hair. It was just...too much. LOL :D

Please wear whatever you like next to the pool. PLENTY of women are wearing whatever they like. Please bring something to cover yourself up if you're planning on walking through the buffet line on the Lido deck. When men are wearing trunks, a t-shirt is fine. You get the idea. It's not the dining room afterall.

So my girlfriend and I are about to go on our first cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy leaving March 21st and I'm debating whether or not to wear a speedo. Seeing as how most American men wear swim trunks instead of speedos, I'm just trying to figure out if I would look too out of place wearing one. Thanks in advance!

not really the norm here but what ever u like.:eek:

Uh, I'm sailing on that cruise. Please wear trunks. The speedo didn't look good in the 80's and it won't now. Board shorts are the way to go. Besides, if after a swim, you want some lunch buffet, with the shorts you will not making others choke on their food.

NO SPEEDOS! Living in Italy I see speedos often during the summer. Mainly only on older, hairy, hefty men. Most of the younger (40 and under) people were not wearing them. I do not care if you have the body for them or not, please do not wear them. While on the beach one day my daughter asked me "mommy, why is that man wearing panties?" I continued to explain it was a bathing suit so she asked "wheres the top of his bathing suit, yours is two piecies mommy". It was very cute and very hard to explain. LOL.

Dude, I'm the same as you--6 ft, 150 lb, but I'm 46 years old. It was a long time in my life before I felt comfortable wearing any kind of swimwear, since I was so sensitive about my slim body type. I've come a long way, and feel just fine now in swimwear. If you've got the moxie to wear speedo's, go for it!

I don't care how good you look, no one wants to see that! I would go with the shorts/trunks....

Are you speaking for everyone? You took your opinion and generalized it as everyones opinion by using the term "no one". You don't speak for everyone. K thanks!:p

I hope this answers your question on opinions of speedos . . . .

My buddy has a bet with another buddy on who can loose the most weight before a June vacation. The loser has to wear a speedo for a day or as they call it a "banana hammock".

I've seen many speedos on a cruise and on the beach and many women in bikinis who would fit in that "tummy hangs over the bottom" category.

So my girlfriend and I are about to go on our first cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy leaving March 21st and I'm debating whether or not to wear a speedo. Seeing as how most American men wear swim trunks instead of speedos, I'm just trying to figure out if I would look too out of place wearing one. Thanks in advance!

You'll see Speedos typically from Europeans. My take is wear what you want as short of being naked, you shouldn't feel out of place. There is a variety of clothing, types and nationalities of people and tastes that you will see a variety of everything. No-one will probably notice.

My husband is also from Europe, but because we've been in the States for so long now he's adapted to trunks.....having said that....speedo makes SHORT trunks...they're great!!! Best of both worlds....google them...you'll love 'em!

Have fun!!!

HE*L NO!!!!!!

I don't care how great a body he has!!!

have NEVER seen a man in a speedo that was not a point of ridicule.

The differance between the sexes! Even if a lady who doesn't really have the figure for a bikini wears one, men still appreciate it. (Even though they may prentend they don't.)

Well, at least I do. :D

Archived