Disembarkation in Southampton

Joyce B.

Both times we have disembarked in Southampton, I recall getting in earlier than 7 AM. If you are on a European cruise, disembarkation is very efficient because you probably won't have to go through an immigration or customs inspection. That of course would not be true if you are on a transatlantic or have visited a non-EU country prior to docking in Southampton.

If you use early or self-disembarkation, you might be able to disembark before 8 AM, but I think for planning purposes you shouldn't expect to be able to leave the dock area before 8:30.

Both times we have disembarked in Southampton, I recall getting in earlier than 7 AM. If you are on a European cruise, disembarkation is very efficient because you probably won't have to go through an immigration or customs inspection. That of course would not be true if you are on a transatlantic or have visited a non-EU country prior to docking in Southampton.

If you use early or self-disembarkation, you might be able to disembark before 8 AM, but I think for planning purposes you shouldn't expect to be able to leave the dock area before 8:30.

Rob - Did you use Princess transfers either time? I will be on a med cruise on the Grand in July and booked a Princess transfer back to the airport (Heathrow) for disembarkation. My flight is at 4pm so I should have plenty of time, was just wondering how it worked out.

If we need to be at Heathrow at 11:30 a.m., from experience, should we keep our Princess transfer or arrange for a private transfer??
Both times I've disembarked in Southampton, we were delayed by a couple of hours due to currents in Biscayne Bay and the English Channel. We have Princess air for our cruise this summer and they have us on a 12:05 pm flight from LHR to LAX. Because of the tight schedule, I've booked a private limo for our group so we can pile in and be off, Woodford Chauffeur Cars. We've used them a couple of times in the past and they're terrific. http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/coach-hire.php

Did you use Princess transfers either time? I will be on a med cruise on the Grand in July and booked a Princess transfer back to the airport (Heathrow) for disembarkation. My flight is at 4pm so I should have plenty of time, was just wondering how it worked out.
We have used the same chauffeur company Pam mentioned and been very happy with the service. We had similar flight arrangements to yours last time, so a group of us hired one of their vans and disembarked early to find our driver waiting for us. We spent the day touring to Old Sarum and Stonehenge, had time for lunch and a pint or three, and still had plenty of time to make our flight at Heathrow.

Archived