An unusual request

MikeNJ1109

My wife (German passport, US Green Card) and I (US passport) will be on the NCL Dawn in May to Bermuda (from NYC). We'd love to get a Bermudan passport stamp (though since it's a British Crown Colony, it's "technically" a British stamp) ... some folks have told us that if we leave our passports at the pursor's desk, they'll make the arrangements; others have told us that there's an office of the British Home Office somewhere near King's Wharf that handles requests like this.

Anyone with any suggestions ... ? We would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

I would like to know this, too. I was told that they don't stamp them anymore. We are going for our 4th cruise and a while ago I read that there was a place in St. George that did it. Something like the Bermuda National Trust or something. Then last year I read that they weren't doing that anymore.:confused: Does anyone know? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
YOOHOO, Bonnie....where are you?

Don't know what thread it was but she posted about having their passports stamped in St. George. Maybe she'll show up to give details.:)

Hi, heart, sorry I haven't been around.

My sister mentioned this the other day, wished we'd all gotten our passports stamped. It would be cool to have that done the next time we go. I'm still hoping, wishing, saving money.................

:D

The gray building is Marine Police and Bermuda Customs at Ordinance Island in St George's. They can stamp your passport in there. They don't have to and because that means extra work you have to be sure to say good morning or afternoon and complimenting the officer's hairdo will help as well.

2497640783_48c777cbfa.jpg?v=0

The gray building is Marine Police and Bermuda Customs at Ordinance Island in St George's. They can stamp your passport in here. They don't have to because that means extra work so be sure to say good morning or afternoon and complimenting the officer's hairdo will help as well.

I think our posts came in at about the same time. As usual, bdaguy comes through again!

• 4 weeks later...

This is good info as we too would like to have our brand new passports stamped.

I do have another question for you. By any chance do you know where/what streets the Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses are located on the island. According to jollyjones there are 4 in Bermuda but she doesn't have the addresses. There is on in St. Georges, one in Devonshire, one in Hamilton, and one is Heron Bay. If you can give me their addresses that would be great. TIA

Kathy in Maine

The gray building is Marine Police and Bermuda Customs at Ordinance Island in St George's. They can stamp your passport in there. They don't have to and because that means extra work you have to be sure to say good morning or afternoon and complimenting the officer's hairdo will help as well.

• 4 years later...
This is good info as we too would like to have our brand new passports stamped.

I do have another question for you. By any chance do you know where/what streets the Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses are located on the island. According to jollyjones there are 4 in Bermuda but she doesn't have the addresses. There is on in St. Georges, one in Devonshire, one in Hamilton, and one is Heron Bay. If you can give me their addresses that would be great. TIA

Kathy in Maine

Hi Kathy,

I am looking for the Kingdom Hall as well. We are sailing into Kings Warf and would like to go on a Wednesday evening. From what I understand St Georges is the closest one to us. Do you have any other suggestions? We are also trying to figure out how to get there?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Kathy,

I am looking for the Kingdom Hall as well. We are sailing into Kings Warf and would like to go on a Wednesday evening. From what I understand St Georges is the closest one to us. Do you have any other suggestions? We are also trying to figure out how to get there?

Thanks for your help!

Just a friendly FYI, this thread is four years old.;)

Actually, St. George's would be the farthest away from Dockyard. Your other choices are Hamilton by ferry and closer yet by bus, a congregation in Somerset. There seems to be no addreses given so you could always ask at the Visitor's Center at Dockyard.

Here is a list of all the congregations. Unfortunately, no addresses (I even looked in our phone book but they just had the phone numbers listed).

Your best bet would be to phone the Somerset congregation (that would be the location nearest to your ship, followed by Heron Bay) and let them know you'd like to attend one of their services so they can give you meeting times, directions, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the members of the congregation offers to pick you up and bring you back to the ship.

http://http://www.tourism-bermuda.com/bermuda_jehovah_s_witnesses.htm

Archived