Dolly Varden Alaska

Two from Virginia

Sorry no, I never recommend them. They are a booking agent only and don't run tours. It is superior to book direct with the vendor, in my opinion, especially in Alaska. It's a big benefit to get a direct answer to any questions and reservation and confirmation.

On another note, I've looked at that tour several times. It seems to cover what I would like to see, but all in 2 hours! It just doesn't seem like it would be enough time at any of the spots.

On another note, I've looked at that tour several times. It seems to cover what I would like to see, but all in 2 hours! It just doesn't seem like it would be enough time at any of the spots.

I ran across this tour when looking for something to do in Ketchikan, and had the same reaction as you. It covers the things I want to see, but you can't possibly see much of it in only 2 hours! Has anyone found a similar tour that's long enough to be worthwhile??

This is a tour of Saxman Village, and a "stop" at Herring Bay, you are NOT Likely to see ANY wildlife here. It requires hours camped out here, over days, for a possible look at bears. Add, you need to be in season, and at dawn/dusk. Essentially zero chance in that timeframe. $62??? A very poor choice in my opinion.

What tour would you recommend if we want to see Saxman Village, and a tour of the city? THere are so many tour groups that it makes it difficult to decide. The more I read on these boards, the more confused I get.

I would suggest you might want to just consider picking up one of the tours at the dock. The "city" is best, in my opinion, seeing on foot. IF of interest, I have a walking tour. Saxman Village does need a guide, since much of it involves the commentary to get the most. IF you want to see the dancers and get in the carving shed, then look at the ship tours.

Archived