If you had to choose a cabin??

libbydic

We are booked on Caribbean Princess on the 2/5/05 sailing in a BB cabin R607 but I just realized we are below the Lido deck and am worried about noise from above, I was just checking and realized that room B757 on Baja deck is available and was thinking about switching. Does anyone know would this be a good switch?? Is that far aft a better location than what I have now.

Thanks

re: comment about movement in a certain part of the ship.

I know people talk all the time about low and center, but gee whiz, how does one part of the ship move and not the rest? Yea, there is some physics thing, but only to an extreme. If the ship is moving, it pretty much all moves.

You wouldn't be saying this if you were in the forward cabin of a ship in 20' seas and major swells. You literally come off the bed at times. Whereas on the same ship but in a middle cabin you will feel just a simple back and forth rolling sensation.

Steve Hayes

re: comment about movement in a certain part of the ship.

I know people talk all the time about low and center, but gee whiz, how does one part of the ship move and not the rest? Yea, there is some physics thing, but only to an extreme. If the ship is moving, it pretty much all moves.

You wouldn't be saying this if you were in the forward cabin of a ship in 20' seas and major swells. You literally come off the bed at times. Whereas on the same ship but in a middle cabin you will feel just a simple back and forth rolling sensation.

Steve Hayes

Wondering why then they put the higher priced minis foward ????

Garycarla

Think of the pitch of a ship as being akin to a teeter-totter. If you are in the center, there is little movement, but if you are either end, there is a lot of movement.

That analogy does not hold true for roll of a ship.

Archived