Clothes in September

NanaCyn

Layers, layers, layers. It will be cool and damp in places, sunny but crisp in others. Depending how far north you go, it's not impossible to get frost in Anchorage by mid-September.

You need not dress fancy, just comfortable & dry for us to treat you like one of our own :)

Welcome to Alaska!

We cruised that same week in Sept two years ago. I had a fleece jacket with me that was invaluable. It was all I needed most of the time. When I needed a little more warmth, I wore a sweatshirt under it. Jeans, sweatshirts, flannel or chamois shirts are perfect for most of your trip. We were so comfortable in these that we didn't even bother with the dining room most nights and ate at the buffet. You are going to love this trip!

Anchorage1977: You must be the perfect person to answer my questions. I've put a couple of requests somewhere (my memory isn't the best) but when I saw you were from Alaska - wow!!! We couldn't live much further apart!

I'm taking my first cruise to Alaska on 9/9/09 on Regent's Mariner and it seems as if it might be a little late in the season but I've no doubt I'll love every minute of it. Do you know if the excursion on Tracy Arm will be operating by then? It doesn't look positive from what I've been told so far. I'm not into souvenir shops so if the owners are sick of tourists by then, it won't worry me.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received and to all those who have already tried to help me - thanks again!

Archived