Can Spa and Pinn.grill be prebooked? will concierge help?

beyoung

Yes, you can make PG reservations online at the HAL website. When you check into your cabin you will find a card with the "gift" of the dinner at PG. You should go as soon as you are able to the PG and confirm your reservation. We had no problems with ours both times we used this method, but have heard from a few other folks that their was some confusion regarding their reservation time.

Thinking of booking The Pinnacle Grill prior to cruise, am I best to book this online or call Holland America, do I pay for this at time of booking? I am sailing on the Oosterdam. What is special about the Pinnacle Grill, I am a non meat eater?

The Pinnacle is $20 per person no matter the age -- there is not a children's menu in the Pinnacle.

Interestingly, HAL does have reduced prices for the Pinnacle ... the following is from the HAL website (Onboard our Ships/Dining/Specialty Restaurants/Pinnacle):

"Pinnacle Grill

The Pinnacle Grill offers a level of elegant sophistication unmatched anywhere on the seven seas. Beautifully appointed with Bvlgari® china, Riedel stemware and Frette® linens, the intimate Pinnacle Grill is ideal for a romantic dinner for two or a special group celebration. Creative and innovative menus, drawing from regional ingredients of the highest quality, will delight the palate and ignite the senses. Indulge in hand-selected aged Sterling Silver Beef®, fresh seafood and an extensive, world-class wine list. For this exquisite 5-star dining experience, guests pay a modest surcharge. Adults may dine for US$20.00 per person or lunch for US$10.00. Children under 12 dine free of charge. A rate of 50% applies for children between 13 years and under 18 years of age. The Pinnacle Grill is available by reservation only for both lunch and dinner. We recommend making your reservations as soon as possible after booking."

I just prepaid for the three of us for one night and may again for an additional one, what a deal. On celebrity last month we paid 90.00 (pre beverages ) for the three of us to eat in Normandie and now it was only 50.00 for the pinnacle, they did put us down for my requested date and time, just have to reconfirm at check in, spa appts can not be prebooked but I did prepay for two (get that tip hassle out of the way ahead of time) I will ask the concierge to take care of those for me.

Reference booking the Pinnacle Grill from the HAL website. Keep in mind that if you are making a reservation for more than one stateroom for the same date/time, you will actually be making separate reservations.

I booked a reservation for six (three staterooms) using the HAL website. Once onboard ship I stopped by the Pinnacle Grill to confirm our reservation. Good thing I did because they had us listed as three separate reservations and we would have been seated at three different tables. It was straightened out and all was well....just something to think about for those that may be in our same situation at some point.

on the Westerdam recently I spoke to the spa manager about pre-paid spa treatments and hydro pool. She confirmed she has no access to the main computer, and that all bookings in the spa were done on paper.

I had booked the spa wellbeing package and she confirmed that so far as the spa was confirmed this was the same as on board credit. You had to get your name down on her paper list to get the actual spa services listed in the package.

I had decided to do this myself rather than ask the concierge and was glad I did so because I was able to discuss which therapist would suit my requirements, and my first choice time had to be adjusted by 30 mins to fit their schedule.

At the end of the cruise I had not used the alpha capsule or the free fitness class, and the credit for these on my bill remained there and were automatically used as OBC.

I have to say that bringing a pen light flashlight for those times you have to get up in the middle of the night and do not want to wake the sleeping wife.

Also as someone who has been on a few Navy ships in his time, there are times you have no electricity therefore no lights. So I always have a pen light next to the travel clock I brought as well. Soon to be on the West in april!!!

Archived