Past Passengers

We accidently double dipped at the last past passenger party......went to the early one and then got caught in the queue for the second one....they wouldn't let us out and we got dragged to the entrance and then pushed us in front of the captain....:D:p:D captain had that haven't i seen you before look on his face....:D:eek::D shhhhhhh ................cheers shiona

I hate to sound too ungrateful or too difficult to get on with - but I don't think I will bother anymore with P & O "past passenger cocktail parties" - and probably not even the Captains welcome night.

Frankly, the cocktails have NO alcohol in them at all, the wine really is bad and the eats are not worth bothering about.

I will take the opportunity of relaxing in areas of the ship that are otherwise busy and which should be a lot quieter at these times. :p

Barry

I am with you on this one.

Who wants to gets dressed up for 5.30 to have weak drinks and listen to speeches.

I don't recalll ever seeing anything to eat at the few we went to.

We've been upgraded on all our P&O cruises except for our first cruise. Have only every had inside rooms twice and have never told them we're past cruisers. I noticed now on the Cruise Personalizer that when you start to enter your details half of it comes up automatically.

I hate to sound too ungrateful or too difficult to get on with - but I don't think I will bother anymore with P & O "past passenger cocktail parties" - and probably not even the Captains welcome night.

Frankly, the cocktails have NO alcohol in them at all, the wine really is bad and the eats are not worth bothering about.

I will take the opportunity of relaxing in areas of the ship that are otherwise busy and which should be a lot quieter at these times. :p

Barry

well that's it then, if there is no alcohol in the cocktails I won't be going.

Deidre.:D

well that's it then, if there is no alcohol in the cocktails I won't be going.

Deidre.:D

There are non-alcoholic cocktails, almost-alcoholic cocktails and watered down white wine. Peter usually has a beer (hard to water down) or red wine (also hard to water down). If you are really lucky you might get an hors d'oeuvre or even two!!:D:D:D

Evon.

Deidre, wow, you are way up front too. Think we were 10112, about same position as you but up a few decks. The other cabin in our booking is 10299, so one is waaaaay up front and one is waaaaaaay down the back. :)

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I will be interesting to see which one feels the most motion.....:rolleyes:

Deidre.

Drinks and nibblies aside, I think the captain's cocktail parties are neat for checking out the fashions...also good to see 'who's who' on the cruise staff.:)

Anna

I agree with you Anna. It's fun to dress up, and there isn't much else to do at that time. :):)

Evon.

Hi Dicky beach ,

One comes to my mind straight away. some will never die in my memory .

Congrads on the upgrade...not long till you sail now.

Cheers Deb

Are you thinking about the post from the carnival boards that has been linked too.:eek:

You could not possibly have seen worse....or have you?:eek:

Care to share.

Barry

Barry, it sounds like you got the 'Fruit Punch' (non-alcholic) Cocktail not the 'Rum Punch' alocholic cocktail!! They must have thought you were underage :)

Hi everyone,:)

Were doing 2 cruises back to back, we ended up getting past passenger disc, back to back cruise disc, they wiped out 1 lot of departure tax's, and then my darling ta gave us a disc on top of everything, so yes there are perks out there for repeaters, and for being loyal to your ta.

Cheers,

Cocktails icon14.gif :)

Archived