Past Passengers

I was interested to know what kind of perks (if any) come with being a repeat passenger. This years cruise will be only my second with P&O, but I notice some people have had many many cruises with the same cruiseline.

deidre:D

I was interested to know what kind of perks (if any) come with being a repeat passenger. This years cruise will be only my second with P&O, but I notice some people have had many many cruises with the same cruiseline.

I have been on a few P&O cruises and the only perk I have been given is a free upgrade which I think it was 2 categories when I booked my cruise. For my next cruise I booked an outside cabin with obstructed view but was upgraded to one without an obstruction ;). I may have gotten a better upgrade but i'm happy with the cabin I have been allocated so i've requested 'no upgrade'.

Hi Deidre, P&O at the moment give no perks...at past passenger cocktail party, the person with the most cruises gets a bottle of Moet, second and third get a bottle of wine.

Princess on the other hand do have some perks.

if you are Elite status...more than 150 cruise nights.

you get...free laundry, a mini bar set up in cabin, $100.00 worth of internet, priority embarking, disembarking, 10% discount at onboard shops,

Once you have cruised with Princess, you can join their Captains circle club, and can add you past cruises with P&O and Sitmar. you then work your way up, to Platinum , where the perks start.

I have heard a whisper a higher status than Elite will come, but haven't read anything on it.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

There are some perks with P & O we recentley were given a discount of $750 for being past passengers and this is only our second cruise. We got two quote's and when we mentioned that we were past passengers they gave us Baja Deck 10 inside for a 9 night cruise in July for $1366 each. We were very happy with that.

One of the things we look forward to most on P&O cruises is the Past Passenger Cocktail Party. It's invite only, and just before dinner on one of the formal nights.

Free cocktails and appetisers.

Also, you can register with P&O to receive past passenger only specials and offers.

We went on our second cruise with P & O in November & got nothing extra yet we also bought along an extra 3 families (all first time cruisers)- 2 of which received a free upgrade. So you never can tell. We attended the Captains Cocktail Party, but so did one of our first time cruiser families..so it looks like they don't check anyway.

We did however receive a free upgrade on our first cruise.

Hi Deidre, when we went in to enquire about booking NYE on Jewel, we were given a price then when T/A said you should be eligible for past passenger discount, if it is running, our quote was reduced quite a bit. Other friends were booking cruise too and their price stayed the same so we ended up putting one of us in their cabin so both cabins got the past passenger discount, t/a said the disc doesnt apply all the time, P&O will have a special on it every now and then, so we were very happy, we saved about $2,000. Fiona

Hi Deidre, when we went in to enquire about booking NYE on Jewel, we were given a price then when T/A said you should be eligible for past passenger discount, if it is running, our quote was reduced quite a bit. Other friends were booking cruise too and their price stayed the same so we ended up putting one of us in their cabin so both cabins got the past passenger discount, t/a said the disc doesnt apply all the time, P&O will have a special on it every now and then, so we were very happy, we saved about $2,000. Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I am not sure if I got any discount, although I was quoted one price and when I rang P&O to enquire about something else I was told I had been quoted the wrong price, which resulted in a $662 saving. I thought I was just quoted wrong, but maybe I should double check with my T/A.

Deidre.:)

We received extra on board credit from P&O as well as $100 per person from TA as well. We also received a discount on our fare.

Megan

we got the same this time and the other two cruise we have got obc with the t/a

we got the same this time and the other two cruise we have got obc with the t/a

Thied, regarding your millieum cruise has that changed or have you heard anything since the cruise that was cancelled and then drydocked.

Hopefully it will be all fixed before you leave.

Thied, regarding your millieum cruise has that changed or have you heard anything since the cruise that was cancelled and then drydocked.

Hopefully it will be all fixed before you leave.

no not yet but im shore we will in time then we will have to sort it

We got the upgrade on our first cruise and nothing on our second.

The past passenger cocktail party is less crowded than the main cocktail party but the funny part was almost any could go. There was a form in your cabin on the first night and it asked to detail any previous cruise you had taken with Sitmar, P&O or Princess.

We dutifully and truthfully filled out our previous Pacific Sky cruise but other people we sat with at the party just made up a Fairstar cruise 20 years ago and sure enough they got an invite even though it was only there first real cruise.:confused:

Deidre, the savings i mentioned was all up (there is 4 of us in a quad) we also received $100 each obc. and as both cabins had past passenger disc, both cabins got 100ea obc. we were happy. we are on deck 10 - Baja. would have been happy down lower as previously we were Plaza (deck 5) and really liked that, but we are not complaining. did you get obc with your booking? Fiona :)

Hi Fiona,

No I didn't Get any OBC, I will have to check that out. We are on deck 6. I don't realy care if I get an upgrade, I don't plan to be in the cabin much anyway. I too prefer the lower decks. We were on plaza deck 5 on the pacific dawn.

Hi there Deidre, we really liked Plaza deck on Pacific Dawn. when we went on Dawn Princess we were meant to be on Plaza but got "upgraded" to Caribe - deck 9. I couldnt really see how it was an upgrade as there was only accom on the deck 9 and as we were inside it really didnt matter,Plaza had quite a few things on it as you know, but as t/a said the higher you go up the more of an upgrade it is. This time as I mentioned we are on deck 10 Baja right up the front, nearly as far as you can go, everyone says that the higher up you are the more movement you feel also the further at the front you are you feel movement too, oh well, am not worried as we have never felt sick before. On Pacific Dawn we had 10meter swells and our drawers went flying out on the floor and all and we werent sick, fingers crossed. Do you have inside/outside cabin?? Fiona :)

Deidre, you will have to check with t/a or whoever you booked with, there were 18 of us booked (few of them thru diff t/a than us) so it wasnt just a certain agent... they all got the $100 OBC too. and as we are mostly in quad rooms thats $400 per room, which is good. couple were 3 berths, so they obviously only got $300. There is 4 of you isnt there? Inside or ouside cabin are you in? Fiona 3:)

Hi there Deidre, we really liked Plaza deck on Pacific Dawn. when we went on Dawn Princess we were meant to be on Plaza but got "upgraded" to Caribe - deck 9. I couldnt really see how it was an upgrade as there was only accom on the deck 9 and as we were inside it really didnt matter,Plaza had quite a few things on it as you know, but as t/a said the higher you go up the more of an upgrade it is. This time as I mentioned we are on deck 10 Baja right up the front, nearly as far as you can go, everyone says that the higher up you are the more movement you feel also the further at the front you are you feel movement too, oh well, am not worried as we have never felt sick before. On Pacific Dawn we had 10meter swells and our drawers went flying out on the floor and all and we werent sick, fingers crossed. Do you have inside/outside cabin?? Fiona :)

The friends we travelled with on the Dawn were upgraded to Baja Deck (front)..we were Emerald Deck 6 (front). We actually felt the movement more down on Emerald than on Deck10..our friends thought so too. Our cabins were pretty much in the same position forward except different sides of the ship.

Thanks Oatleygirl, makes me feel bit better, friends of ours are also going and have never cruised before, there is 5 of them and they are on deck 11 in a twin and a 3 berth. Am bit worried for them up so high, but you have made me feel better. Thanks. Fiona :)

I hate to sound too ungrateful or too difficult to get on with - but I don't think I will bother anymore with P & O "past passenger cocktail parties" - and probably not even the Captains welcome night.

Frankly, the cocktails have NO alcohol in them at all, the wine really is bad and the eats are not worth bothering about.

I will take the opportunity of relaxing in areas of the ship that are otherwise busy and which should be a lot quieter at these times. :p

Barry

Archived