Ryndam Question

Spanky My

We just got our room assignment and it is on the lower promanade deck and under the something called the (HALF MOON) above us. Could someone tell me what that is and if it is likely to be noisy? Thanks in advance wiley HAL Ryndam posters....

We just got our room assignment and it is on the lower promanade deck and under the something called the (HALF MOON) above us. Could someone tell me what that is and if it is likely to be noisy? Thanks in advance wiley HAL Ryndam posters....

The Half Moon is a conference room, usually used for private lectures or gatherings. It's not at all likely to be noisy!

If I may, we just got off that itinerary a few months ago. You'll enjoy the ship and staff.

One suggestion: there is a snorkel trip at La Paz that was excellent. I think it cost us about $100 through the ship, but we had a great time with a pretty small group. The coral, fish and sea loins were a lot of fun to see and the water was pleasant, even in December. I bet it's even better now!

If you've not done Loreto, it will likely be your favorite Mexican port :) Make sure to stay out on deck for the sail away to La Paz as the scenery around that area is awesome at sunset. I wish we could join you again!

As mentioned above, your cabin assignment will be just fine.

Oh! I am jealous! You will love the lower promendade Deck

We just got our cabin assignment for the 3/25 Ryndam Sailing.

We didn't do to bad we had a guarantee HH and were upgraded

to a DA it is one deck below close to the elevator and stairway.

We did get an offer of $599 pp to upgrade to a Verandah Suite.

Gail

One suggestion: there is a snorkel trip at La Paz that was excellent. I think it cost us about $100 through the ship, but we had a great time with a pretty small group. The coral, fish and sea loins were a lot of fun to see and the water was pleasant, even in December. I bet it's even better now!

Hi Anchorage1977 - I love snorkeling and try to snorkel wherever possible. I figure that any day snorkeling is better then not snorkeling. We sail on the Ryndam on April 4, 2009. I believe there is a couple snorkel excursions at La Paz, can you tell me what this one was called?

We also booked a guarantee for this cruise but we don't have our room yet. I won't hold my breath until about two weeks out!

Sue

Does the vermeer lounge have plenty of seating and a good view from just about everywhere? Also in general is there plenty of deck space and deck chairs at the aft pool? Thanks in advance for your response.....

Don't sit in the first row of the balcony area in the Vermeer -- the large handrail impeded my view of the stage! Generally there's lots of deck chairs at the aft pool, unless the "Entitleds" are there saving 2 or 3 ENTIRE ROWS for their friends and family -- With some of the women changing into their swimsuits while wearing sundresses, using their sundresses as "curtains". (Did I mention we travelled with more boors on our 10 day Sea of Cortez cruise than I've EVER seen in my life? :D that's okay, it was still FABULOUS! And you will have an entirely different group of passengers!)

Two years ago we were on this deck, basically same area but on the port side. We were thrilled with the location. We never heard anything from activities above. No noise came in from those walking the deck either. No one on this deck that we encountered had any issues with noise from areas above. I would definitely select this deck again.

Oh! I am jealous! You will love the lower promendade Deck

We just got our cabin assignment for the 3/25 Ryndam Sailing.

We didn't do to bad we had a guarantee HH and were upgraded

to a DA it is one deck below close to the elevator and stairway.

We did get an offer of $599 pp to upgrade to a Verandah Suite.

Gail

Take the upgrade! That's a great price for a Verandah Suite on this ship.

Archived