Century 4 nite 3/5: good, not great

librarylady19

ahamill,

Sounds like we had similar experiences. I found the food at Murano pretty good but certainly not the best meal ever. It was very formal so I felt that I had to sit up straight and behave properly the whole time!! In retrospect, I would have skipped the cost (which added up to $100 with wine) and ate at Islands Bistro more often. I can't recommend it enough. It was our best dining experience on board. They just bent over backwards to please you and the service was much less rushed than at MDR. I had a huge bowl of pasta with mushrooms, chilled asparagus, a spinach and bacon salad and a fantastic flan with pineapple for desert. Did I mention the breadsticks - they were great too! So, if there is one tip I can give to fellow CC'ers going on Century it is to eat at Islands Bistro. I heard several people comment that they wished they had found it sooner!

Hi Sandi:) I am going to try it next cruise;)

Great. I think you had mentioned earlier that you might eat at Murano's all 4 nites - but I truly believe this will be a better option - and much less expensive. BTW, when we ate at Muranos DH was going to order the duck, but waiter advised him that "duck and veal are not good" I appreciated his honesty and was glad we both ordered the lamb.

Great. I think you had mentioned earlier that you might eat at Murano's all 4 nites - but I truly believe this will be a better option - and much less expensive. BTW, when we ate at Muranos DH was going to order the duck, but waiter advised him that "duck and veal are not good" I appreciated his honesty and was glad we both ordered the lamb.

They are normally honest about that type of thing.:)

I love the wait staff!

I love the Specialty Restaurants:D to be honest with you;)

I sail solo and being this is only a 4 night cruise I thought I would

change up.

I really enjoy the main dining room on all the ships but might try something

different this time:)

Hi Sandi,

I hope your earlier comment was not directed at my post.:confused: I would hate to think I came over that strong. Just wanted you, as a new cruiser, to be aware that you have the option to change tables. Dining with people like that for more than one night would have been unbearable. Did you have a good waiter in the MDR? I cannot remember if you mentioned him. Hope your next cruise is so much better for you.

Anne

"The highlight was the performance by comedian Louis Johnson who was pretty funny and on target with his take on cruise passengers! "

We have seen Louis Johnson on several cruises. He is very funny. Did he do a comedy seminar in the PM one day. That was not to be missed either. Be warned---He doesn't spare ANYONE!

Let me add---we have only seen Louis in regular shows, not adult ones. He may be over the top at late night venue.

"The highlight was the performance by comedian Louis Johnson who was pretty funny and on target with his take on cruise passengers! "

We have seen Louis Johnson on several cruises. He is very funny. Did he do a comedy seminar in the PM one day. That was not to be missed either. Be warned---He doesn't spare ANYONE!

Let me add---we have only seen Louis in regular shows, not adult ones. He may be over the top at late night venue.

He was hilarious!! The highlight was when this man was walking in late and he called him Jacques Cousteau, had to be there but it cracked me up!:)

ahamill,

Sounds like we had similar experiences. I found the food at Murano pretty good but certainly not the best meal ever. It was very formal so I felt that I had to sit up straight and behave properly the whole time!! In retrospect, I would have skipped the cost (which added up to $100 with wine) and ate at Islands Bistro more often. I can't recommend it enough. It was our best dining experience on board. They just bent over backwards to please you and the service was much less rushed than at MDR. I had a huge bowl of pasta with mushrooms, chilled asparagus, a spinach and bacon salad and a fantastic flan with pineapple for desert. Did I mention the breadsticks - they were great too! So, if there is one tip I can give to fellow CC'ers going on Century it is to eat at Islands Bistro. I heard several people comment that they wished they had found it sooner!

Sandi Did you need to make reservations at the Island Bisto/Cafe?

Archived