Frozen Drinks

tigerdadky

Are the frozen drinks like the foofoos tradional drinks like youd get in a bar or like the nasty floaters they serve on RCCL I have never been served a drink like they served the frozen drinks on our Majesty of the Sea cruise last Oct.

Are the frozen drinks like the foofoos tradional drinks like youd get in a bar or like the nasty floaters they serve on RCCL I have never been served a drink like they served the frozen drinks on our Majesty of the Sea cruise last Oct.

Oh, I gotta ask this. What the heck is a 'nasty floater'? It's been years since I have sailed on RCI and that sounds really 'yucky'. ;)

Oh, I gotta ask this. What the heck is a 'nasty floater'? It's been years since I have sailed on RCI and that sounds really 'yucky'. ;)

LOL I was going to ask the same thing but I am afraid to know the real answer....:eek:

They are made like a rootbeer float. The fruity frozen mixture is poured in the glass and the alcohol is poured over it. Didnt go on a cruise to mix my own drink.

Haven't ever seen anything like that on Princess. And as you guessed, hadn't heard of it before either. lol

You will find princess makes a very nice frozen drink on all their ships. ;)

Anyone know what the red and white striped drink is that they offer on Princess? We had this on the Crown 2 years ago and it was so good. I wish I could remember the name of it. We saw someone else order it, so I went to the pool bar and ask what the red and white drink is and they told me and I ordered it, but can't for the life of me remember what it was.

It was sooooooooooooo good on that hot day. :D

They put ice, the drink mix and alcohol in a blender and blend until the ice is shredded. Then serve!

Love the drink thread. I am leaving on Sunday on the Crown and am craving Mojitos. Anyone know a bar on board that might make a good one? Been rehabbing a nasty ankle injury since December and just want to sip a nice well made Mojito on day one...ahhhhhh.

Thanks for any helpful info.

Cathy

Anyone know what the red and white striped drink is that they offer on Princess? We had this on the Crown 2 years ago and it was so good. I wish I could remember the name of it. We saw someone else order it, so I went to the pool bar and ask what the red and white drink is and they told me and I ordered it, but can't for the life of me remember what it was.

It was sooooooooooooo good on that hot day. :D

Maybe Miami Vice?? Half Pina Colada/Straw Daq.

My favorite frozen drink on the Princess ships is the Chocolate Banana. It is a snack more than a drink (though it does have the required alcohol) as it is really filling. Must be the cream mixture that they add that makes it so filling. I prefer getting it at one of the inside bars as they put the whip cream and chocolate shavings on the top. At some of the outside bars you don't get that as it's served in a plastic glass instead of glass glass. Wishing I was having one right now, only 220 days until I am drinking another one by the pool of the Emerald Princess. Can't wait.

The "nasty floaters", as you call them, were only from the waiters patroling the pool areas, if I recall from my own RCL cruise. I think it's so they have a tray full of "virgin" drinks at the ready and just pour the booze on top for those who want it. [and I agree, they were a bit nasty] If you actually walked up to the bar to get your drink, they would mix it the traditional way. Just FYI, in case you go back. :)

All the frozen drinks on the Majesty of Sea the week I was on were made this way. They didnt have and blenders in the bars. I have never had such a nasty drink at any bar. I resorted to drinks on the rock to keep from having to deal with them. Nasty is a good word for them.

Maybe Miami Vice?? Half Pina Colada/Straw Daq.

I know it wasn't a strawberry daquiri, but might be the Miami Vice. Hopefully I will see it again and order it.

I'm not a liquor drinker, but goodness, that was one great drink!!!

Thanks MikeKool!

Archived