HAL Single Supplements

GeriatricNurse

Hal usually gives you a break on the inside and outside cabins.. but expect to pay about 200% for the balconies. If the cruise price is super low, you will probably have pay 200% also. I am paying about 150% on my hal cruise to the med for an outside cabin.

For my Alaska cruise in June in an OV my rate was about 140%, it used to be 132% but then the prices went down.

However, they upgraded me to a nicer OV cabin (DA) that goes for almost twice as much as what I'm paying, so it's hard to say what the percentage is when you compare it that way because what I'm paying is less than what they are charging per person double occupancy for that cabin. Now the difference in price between that cabin for 2 people per person and for a solo is another 33%, but I'm not paying the solo price for that cabin, I'm paying the solo price for a G.

I've sailed on HAL often (it's my fave cruiseline!!) I normally sail solo on my cruise. The single rate has varied from 160% to as low as 132%.

On my cruise last year, the price on what the final payment for my cabin and per person was only a $500 difference.

I normally like HAL and Carnival because of the reasonable solo rates. However don't expect the rates low for a balcony in Alaska. You can expect to pay 200%!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am paying 150% for my INSIDE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT cabin......that is the only way I can even consider such a trip without someone to share the costs. But hey...................67 days is a LONG time to chance sharing with a stranger!

Have a great time! I would love to do that itinerary..I am jealous! Maybe someday!!

I am paying 150% for my INSIDE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT cabin......that is the only way I can even consider such a trip without someone to share the costs. But hey...................67 days is a LONG time to chance sharing with a stranger!

I was in my first inside cabin and I loved it. I was with a friend, but next time I would not hesitate to get one solo. I love complete darkness. 67 days is a long time to have to put up with someone else's quirks and I don't blame you for doing it on your own. Have lots of fun.

One more comment...If I win the lottery between now and then, I just may join you!

Archived