NCL kids tv programming

andmad

DH and I are taking DS(3) and DD(5) on their first cruise. We certainly don't intend to spend much time in our cabin, but would like to let them watch a tv show while we are getting ready. I never noticed on our other cruises if there were kids shows on the tv. Is it worthwhile for us to bring a portable DVD player? Thanks.

DH and I are taking DS(3) and DD(5) on their first cruise. We certainly don't intend to spend much time in our cabin, but would like to let them watch a tv show while we are getting ready. I never noticed on our other cruises if there were kids shows on the tv. Is it worthwhile for us to bring a portable DVD player? Thanks.

I think it's worth it for the airport/transfers/etc.

When we were on the Gem in Jan. they only had the Cartoon Network, so if they aren't into those kinds of cartoons, then I would bring a DVD player for sure.

Cartoon Network sometimes switches over to adult shows at night time. Like "adult swim". I wish they had Boomerang like the Princess Cruise does.

I agree with the posters that say to bring a DVD player.

Dawn

Definitely bring a small DVD player, it is really the best. My kids don't usually watch the cartoon network, so they got a little bored with it. We brought tons of their favorites and even my 2 year old sat absolutely still and watched anything that was on the DVD player. I think they loved the fact that they had their "own" kid sized TV. My 4 year old carried it in a small padded backpack so it was one less thing we had to carry!

Have fun!

Archived