Trivia anyone?

Bananas27

Do you happen to play trivia? I find that people who sail the same lines often just happen to know most of the answers. Then they congratulate themselves on how brilliant they are! :( I think that each cruise line must have its own trivia notebook and that they use them over and over. Personally, I think some people are cheating.....Has anyone else had this experience???

Do you happen to play trivia? I find that people who sail the same lines often just happen to know most of the answers. Then they congratulate themselves on how brilliant they are! :( I think that each cruise line must have its own trivia notebook and that they use them over and over. Personally, I think some people are cheating.....Has anyone else had this experience???

LOL, sometimes I go just to observe. I never join though.

I love watching how some people take these SO seriously, lol

I haven't seen trivia, I take it it is all questions about the cruiseline you are on? If so, I would think that past guests definitely have an unfair advantage. Do all cruiselines basically play the same games? I have only sailed Carnival and am interested in how the sea days differ on other lines.

Thanx!

The trivia games that I have played, on Carnival, are about sports or famous people and places. They are just things to do to waste time before the bingo crowd gets there. The winner usually gets a ship on a stick and points for their color team. Its funny how people get all excited about the prize. The questions do not change to often. I actually took the same sports quiz on the same cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite trivia game from the Carnival Legend was Name That Tune which was held in the Piano Bar. The cruise director and the piano bar entertainer headed this up. He'd play notes from a song and people would write down their guess...and there'd be guessing out loud. Lots of fun and a great way to talk with other passengers :cool:.

Other trivia games I like are about movies and television.

I like to play trivia games in our local bars at home, which usually consist of questions about random things, from sports to movies to history. I have never played on the ship before, and I leave in a few weeks. So it will be a new experience to see if it's anything similar to what we are use to.

• 2 weeks later...

Our family loves playing trivia on the ship. One of the fun things about it is that others also love toplay so it is a great opportunity to meet people.

Last year we traveled on the Celebrity Constellation and played music trivia with Perry Grant (an on board entertainer). This is the first time that I have ever seen line ups waiting to get into a bar for an entertainer. I encourage you to google him and watch some videos. When you watch him you will understand my next sentence. I am as straight as an arrow, hockey fan, sports nut, happily married 26 years--this guy is worth the price of the cruise!!

I always cruise with my brothers and their wives. My one sister-in-law always tells us that it's OK if we get some answers wrong. Of course it's OK! The best part is watching the other people. One time we won Princess tote bags (songs from sitcoms), and another time we won Princess baseball caps. It's just a fun way to spend some time and meet some other passengers.

• 3 weeks later...

I like playing the trivia games, I don't remember repeat questions so much, but I play until I get the 24 karat gold plastic ship on a stick. I have beed fortunate to get the trophy or medal on each cruise.

Archived