What's the difference between the Ship Itinerary time and Local Time

Nature Boy

Hi All

Does anyone know the difference in the time on your cruise itinerary and the actual time in the port of call.:confused:

I am going on a western caribbean cruise in August and searched these boards but unable to find that out actual information. My Girlfriend and I are sailing on the Valor 30th Aug 09 from Miami and visiting GC, COZ, BELIZE and ROATAN.

I would like to know what the difference is as we would like to start looking at excursions.

THANKS for any help you can give me!

If you're booking excursions through the ship, it won't matter one little bit. The excursions go by the "ship's time". And it really won't matter with "private" excursions---if your tour starts at 10am, then be there at 10am SHIP'S TIME!

No matter what, YOU must remain on the same time as the ship, no matter what time it is on any island, or you risk being left behind. Your "private" tourguides are aware of this, so you won't have to worry.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to wait until you're actually on the ship to see what the Captain decides. It's all up to him whether they change clocks on the ship or not. I've been on the same ship, on the same itinerary, but with different Captains and one kept the same time as Fort Lauderdale, our departure port, and the other Captain had us change times to reflect local time.

I would not assume a local tour operator you use will always know what time the ship is keeping, so definitely communicate this before you arrive in port. Most of these tour operators have websites and email addresses so you can communicate with them, and while they usually know what time to meet you and have you back to the ship, you do need to confirm with them.

Archived