Do you have your nails painted before the cruise?

For those of yo who find your polish doesn't stay try this. First a good base coat. Sticky works well. Also Duri Rejuvicoat works good too. Then apply one coat of a light polish. I like OPI's Hawaiian Orchid. Next apply a top coat. Only takes a few minutes to dry and lasts me all week. Also if it does chip you don't notice it as much because the polish is light. Your nails will look great, nice and shiny and you don't have to fuss with them. Now if you prefer dark polish the best advice I can give you is the Rejuvicoat. I have been doing nails for 15 years now and dark polish on naturals are still a challenge.

My fingers are horid...housework, garden..etc..I hide them as well. My toes on the other hand..lol I get a pedicure every two weeks. I like brown colors or bronze. When I cruise I usually get a french pedicure...I like them and think they look great with sandles...LPT:rolleyes:

OMG - I HAVE to have mani/pedi regularly, especially before cruising! I am really "anal" about that! Especially toes! To me they aren't the "prettiest" part of the body, so having polished toes makes a world of difference. I like all colors/french too! I too, have had little flowers, etc even put on my toes for cruises. Well, to each his own - that's what makes the world go round!

I only seem to have a mani/pedi done before a cruise. I actually love my toes and they look really good with red/bright pink. Don't like the look of french on the toes ... I agree with Jane's statement.

I'm not going to bother wtih false nails any more .... I spend too much time gardening, using a calculator and on the computer. I love the look on others though. Jan

I'm a nail polish fanatic (I paint my nails a new color just about every other night), so I definitely do my tips and toes specially for vacation. I'm a fan of bright colors for both, but since I generally don't want spend too much time on my nails on vacation I usually settle for a forgiving, shimmery sheer (I think I went with OPI Hollywood Blonde last time). My toes are always a bright pink, red or coral.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I get a manicure and a pedicure before a cruise. I like a red or pink on my toes and a french on my hands. I usually bring along a white to touch up the tips if they start to look rough. Last cruise, a Carnival, I had a manicure because they were looking bad. The manicure was reasonable and very well done. I would not be afraid to do that again. Of course, natural nails are easy to do, no filling, just shaping and moisturizing.

I have my nails done every two weeks so no different on a cruise. I will though time it so that my nails are done right before a cruise. As far as my toes it has always been whatever color strikes me when I get to the salon but I tend to stick with pinks or reds.

I have seen french maincures done on toes and if someone has nice toenails beds(not me) I like the look. Would not work for me. Dancing I put my feet through too much tourture to ever be nice. The darker colors hide the condition that they are in.

As soon as the sandals come out, off for a pedicure. I like bright colors, RED on toes. For years I had fake nails and I wore a lot of different colors. Now I usually get a light or clear polish for my manicure. I booked a mani/pedi 2 days before my cruise.:)

I agree with the other posts of going with a bright color on the toes and french for the mani. At the shop I go to, they paint a dainty little design on my big toe, I love it! I do always get a fresh mani/pedi before traveling, but still have trouble keeping the mani looking as good as it did fresh out of the nail shop. The pedi's last for weeks, and the mani lasts a few days, ESPECIALLY on vacation, for some reason.:(

I love getting a pedi. I make sure I get it done before the cruise. Like others I like to match the theme of the cruise. This last cruise I chose an orange with glitter on top of that. So pretty in the sun. I loved it. Must have painted toes. I makes me happy to look down and see them. :D

I love a subtle color--toes and fingers! I do my own and use a "neutral" color that won't fade and goes with everything.

If I'm careful, the mani/pedi will last the entire trip without touch-ups. On longer cruises, I bring my stuff with me---my nails grow out quickly and will need to be re-done by day 6 or 7.

CB; Can you recommend a good neutral color? I'd really appreciate the info!

As far as neutral, I would suggest an American mani. Not sure if it looks as good as a solid color (whether neutral or bright) on the toes, but an American mani looks great and very natural if you're going for a subtle look.

I take care of my nails year round, not just before a vacation and have a pedi every 2 weeks. I like an American on my fingers with just a very thin line of beige so it looks natural. Those thick lines of white just look weird, no natural nail looks like that! And I totally agree with no french or american on the toes! Gross! That just looks like you really need to cut them. I like reds or corals on my toes year round, maybe a little more festive on vacation.

I personally can NOT stand unpainted toenails on females during sandal weather! I have a tub of pedi stuff and am known for my pedicure giving abilities in my living room,lol.

Like others,I KEEP my toes done, year round. My "signatua cola " OPI's I'm Not Really a Waitress. I also will mix half bottles sometimes with neat color results.But for me,its INRW. I wear it all the time on my piggies,and have for years....GO get your feet "done",even if its a pale color,or godforbid,clear! Youll be hooked!:)

I get pedicures year round, generally some shade of pink, and I always try to go the day before I leave on any vacation.

My fingernails I do myself because the color never lasts more than a couple days so I'm constantly redoing or retouching. Always a neutral shade.

I'm having a dilemma for my upcoming cruise though, because [warning, TMI ahead...] several of my toenails fell off during my last marathon, and now my feet aren't looking so hot, and a pedicure isn't really an option. A friend suggested I just paint the skin... I don't know about that. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to invest in some more closed-toed shoes.

Sigh.

I could not image my toes with out color, when I travel I use a lighter color that won't show chips and touch them up with a quick code of clear to keep them looking fresh. I love to wear cute sandals and want me feet to look pretty.

I usually match my nails with a lighter color then my toes.

Enjoy your cruise!

I get pedicures year round, generally some shade of pink, and I always try to go the day before I leave on any vacation.

My fingernails I do myself because the color never lasts more than a couple days so I'm constantly redoing or retouching. Always a neutral shade.

I'm having a dilemma for my upcoming cruise though, because [warning, TMI ahead...] several of my toenails fell off during my last marathon, and now my feet aren't looking so hot, and a pedicure isn't really an option. A friend suggested I just paint the skin... I don't know about that. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to invest in some more closed-toed shoes.

Sigh.

Ok,Miss Larissa,

Warning TMI ahead....My Mom had to have some toenails removed,b/c of ingrown issues.She just paints her skin now.Sorry about the toenail mishaps,but you ROCK running a marathon! Just paint your skin,I dont think ppl will be looking that close. And if they do...Move chairs!lol.:p

Has anyone seen the Nail Art Pens? They are by Sally Hansen I

believe. You paint your nails with a base color and then use the

pens to draw on flowers, designs, etc. They come in several different colors.You can wash it off if you don't like it before you put a top coat over it.

I am going to try to find some for my granddaughters. They love mani/

pedi's and always want the designs.

I usually wear an American manicure on the fingernails and a bright

color such as orange, pink, or red on my toenails. I am another person

who cannot stand to see women in sandels without neat and clean

looking feet and toes with polish.

I wear clear nail polish on my finger nails because no matter what I do they always get chipped during the day... I have a 4 year old and a 65 lb dog, its expected.

On my toes I wear a all different shades of red and deep pinks... Sometimes I wear purple because its my daughter favorite color and it makes her so happy when our toes are the same color. :p

Archived