Tipping?

phabric

We will be visiting Brugge (Brussels), Copenhagen (Denmaark), Helsingborg (Sweden), Oslo (Norway) on the Grand in July.

Can anybody tell me what is normal to tip for these countries or do they tip? We will be doing Princess' tours. We are taking a small amount of cash (equal to $20) for each country.

If you are taking ship's tours, I suspect the only tipping you will encounter would be to the guides and drivers on the tour coaches.

As a rule, they welcome tips, and expect that at least some of their passengers will use U.S. dollars. It would not be difficult for them to exchange to their local currency later.

Otherwise, take a small amount of Euros for Belgium and Króna for Sweden, Krone for Norway and Danish Krone for Copenhagen. That will get you through for small tourist expenditures. Most merchants, etc. will welcome it - otherwise you're not going to get a very favorable exchange rate if you try to pass dollars...

We will be visiting Brugge (Brussels), Copenhagen (Denmaark), Helsingborg (Sweden), Oslo (Norway) on the Grand in July.

Can anybody tell me what is normal to tip for these countries or do they tip? We will be doing Princess' tours. We are taking a small amount of cash (equal to $20) for each country.

Hi, we booked tours in Stockholm, Oslo and Tallinn with Alla Tours. They stated that the tips are included into the tour cost. One problem less :)

Hi, we booked tours in Stockholm, Oslo and Tallinn with Alla Tours. They stated that the tips are included into the tour cost. One problem less :)

Is that true of their St. Petersburg tours as well?

Is that true of their St. Petersburg tours as well?

No, unfortunately not. They do not say you must tip, but if you feel a job was done well and you wish to tip, they suggest 10% of your total tour cost to share between the guide and driver. In our case it is $60Us for my wife and I. Gil

Archived