CNBC cruising show

Lady CHew I am so glad you posted the date and time of this show. I had seen the ads for it on CNBC but never seemed to be able to hear date.

I like Peter Greenberg and have enjoyed his travel advice on NBC for years. However, I tend to be dubious about writers who are not cruise specilalists. Greenberg is more of a travel generalist.

My first concern is that he chose a smaller ship than those cruising for RCI and Carnival. He also chose a ship that has a slightly different approach to dining. It isn't typical of all cruiselines, though many now do have at least some extra pay restaurants. Some things about NCL Pearl cannot be generalized to other cruiselines.

Still, I plan to be open-minded about the show and give Greenberg a chance to tell what he thinks about the future of cruising. I wonder if he will mention that NCL has postponed construction their biggest and most innovative new ships. Will he also mention the impressive new ships of RCI and Carnival, Oasis of the Seas and Carnival Dream.

I have the date and time of this show marked on my calendar.

Archived