Port Canaveral Hotel

cterry

We are going on our first cruise March 28, 2005. We need to book a hotel room for the night before. We will have our own vehicle as we will be driving down from the Metro Detroit area. Any info on a decent hotel, not to expensive for 1 night? What about our vehicle? Should we park at the hotel and get shuttled over to the dock or should we park at the dock area.

Any help for these newbies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach for 1 night pre-cruise in Dec '03. I think the rate was $49.00 and they allowed us to leave our van there for the week at no charge. We took a shuttle to the port (just ask at the front desk) for around $3-4/person each way. We ate both dinner and breakfast there and our children ate free. Hope this helps.

The Holiday Inn, Cocoa Beach is still closed due to extensive hurricane damage as are the Courtyard and Hilton hotels. Radisson is the best choice which includes free parking and port shuttle. Give them a call. Many of our fellow cruisecritics stayed there and were pleased. We ended up at the Best Western, which I don't recommend as our room was so bad with stale smoke smell. One section of this hotel is under renovation, so rooms were limited.

It depends a lot on how much you want to spend. I had a reservation at the Hampton Inn, Cocoa Beach for Oct/05 for $98/night. They included a continental breakfast and parking for the duration of the cruise at no additional cost. I have since cancelled this and booked the Best Western. It also includes parking. The reason I changed is because our cruise is with a CC group and we were given a discounted rate. If it weren't for our group staying at the Best Western, I'd have kept the Hampton Inn.

Beth

Archived