Catagory 7A on the Spirit class ships.

frankhouse

Just wondering how obstructed are the catagory 7A balcony cabins on the Spirit class ships. Is the view completely obstructed or just partially? Does it make you feel stuffy and cramped and is it worth the lower price than a regular balcony? The cost is just a little more than a outside cabin.

We stayed in a 7A on the Legend and it was great! The room and balcony are the same size as the reg balcony cabins. The view out to sea is not at all obstructed, only the view directly below you. There are lifeboats that hang just at the bottom of the balcony floor.

If you want a balcony and want to save a few bucks it's a great way to go.

We had one on the Pride last year. Pretty much the same as the photo above. Beware - the cabins that are most forward have a larger boat in front of the balcony and a more obstructed view. You can tell which these are by looking at a deck plan.

My wife and I went to an 8a for our sailing out of Baltimore on the Pride. The first 3 life boats forward are much larger that those aft. these first 3 leave almost no view. The life boats there back are smaller and you can see more. however with all life boats you will also have to deal with the rigging. You will be able to see out but NOT down. Most 7a balconies you are sure to have a clear view from the wooden railing up. The glass is it or miss. Hope this helps.:D

We were in 5189, and the obstruction was minimal. As others have said, the forward lifeboats (the first 3) are much larger, so avoid them. We had no problem with any noise from the lifeboats and we sailed on the outer bands of Hurricane Gustov.

Here are the pics that my PVP sent me when making the reservation.

balcony.jpg

balcony%202.jpg

7A_OBS_OUT.jpg

Archived