Jubilee

Gingee

I cruised the JUBILEE 3 times while she was doing the Mexican Riviera out of San Pedro (Los Angeles). I can't remember anything in particular, but thought she was a very good ship.

I thought the sight lines in the showroom were very intrusive. The food was superb and the wait staff were terrific. :)

She was replaced by the, then, young and new, ELATION which did the Mexican Riviera until she was then replaced by the PRIDE.

The Jubilee was the BEST ship we ever cruised on! The crew was fun, the ship showed it's 80's design but it was clean and comfortable! It is the reason we have become cruise junkies. We plan to meet her in Austrailia and sail on her as the Pacific Sun. Of course we have not had a real bad cruise.

• 2 months later...

That's the name! Jubilee!!! As I've been palnning our first cruise since our honeymoon 17 years ago, I have been trying to remember the name of our ship. It was Jubilee! DH couldn't remember either. I have nothing to compare it to but we thought our cruise on Jubilee was wonderful. Great food, great staff and lots of fun. I thought she was beautiful! I'm glad she is still sailing.

Also sailed Jubilee many years ago, first cruise. Our last vacation pre-children. We had a great time, though probably wouldn't be a ship we would choose these days. When I saw it in the mocie, i had to laugh as I knew it was an old small ship, not sailing the Carrib. as in the movie.

I sailed on the Jubilee last May. Since it was my first cruise, I didn't have anything to compare it to. We had a blast! The ship seemed HUGE to me! I kept getting lost. Going on the Glory in April. Expect I'll be taking a ship map with me at all times.

Also sailed Jubilee many years ago, first cruise. Our last vacation pre-children. We had a great time, though probably wouldn't be a ship we would choose these days. When I saw it in the mocie, i had to laugh as I knew it was an old small ship, not sailing the Carrib. as in the movie.

Sigh........Old and Small in these days of Super-Mega-Liners.......

course Jubilee was a Mega-Liner in the 1980's

Geeez they are treating ships (ie: multi-million dollar resorts) like used cars.

There are ships out there that are smaller and up to 50 years old that are still in service and doing a great job. (although most of them have been sent overseas)

Although I love to cruise.....the Mega-Ships have lost a lot of the feel of a real ship.

x

Our first cruise was Carnival Tropicale. she was an old cr%^*&py ship but as we had nothing to compare her to we still had a great time. Our table mates who had been on like 15 cruises were not as thrilled with her.

I understand now she is the Costa Tropicale and does the med. Maybe one day if we get to do the med. we will cruise her again. I would love to.

Our first cruise was Carnival Tropicale. she was an old cr%^*&py ship but as we had nothing to compare her to we still had a great time. Our table mates who had been on like 15 cruises were not as thrilled with her.

I understand now she is the Costa Tropicale and does the med. Maybe one day if we get to do the med. we will cruise her again. I would love to.

Here is an update on Tropicale, she is also moving over to P&O as Pacific Star

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,12129657%255E24389,00.html

ALTHOUGH the P&O Cruises ship Pacific Sun has been cruising out of Sydney since November, she will be officially renamed tomorrow when former Olympic swimming star Lisa Curry Kenny swings a bottle of champagne against her bow.

The Darling Harbour ceremony will make Lisa the ship's "godmother". Pacific Sun was formerly the Carnival cruise liner Jubilee and is now based in Sydney for year-round voyages to the South Pacific and north Queensland.

She is 47,500 tons, nearly 4000 more than her Sydney predecessor Pacific Sky which is now based in Brisbane, but also will have a cruise program from Melbourne and Auckland for next summer season. Pacific Sun and Pacific Sky will be joined in October by a third year-round ship, the 36,700-ton Costa Tropicale which will be renamed Pacific Star. The upmarket Pacific Princess at 30,277 tons, divides her time between Australia and northern hemisphere cruises.

Archived