Which side of ship on Spirit When Docked in Bermuda

Sweet Dreams

With the new Heritage warf next to Kings warf at the dockyards, and since the Spirit is docking at Heritage warf, I would wait and see what the first few cruises do. She could dock in the opposite direction or the in the same direction as Kings warf.

In one direction will be the historic dockyards, and the other direction will be a view of Hamiliton in the distance. Which would you choose?

Well, the new Heritage Wharf is north of Kings Wharf, so when ship docks portside you'll see the ship behind you, and if ship docks starboard you'll see the sea and the North Shore.

:D I can live with that. lol

Actually, at King's Wharf I think you get a lovely view from either side. It's very attractive, not an ugly commercial port like some of the ones you see. I don't think you can go wrong no matter which way the ship is docking.

Actually, at King's Wharf I think you get a lovely view from either side. It's very attractive, not an ugly commercial port like some of the ones you see. I don't think you can go wrong no matter which way the ship is docking.

Very true!

Isn't the new Heritage Pier different from Kings Wharf? Understanding it is a new pier opening in April will there be shops etc completed or just the pier? Can someone give me a geographical perspective of the location of this new addition? Thanks

Isn't the new Heritage Pier different from Kings Wharf? Understanding it is a new pier opening in April will there be shops etc completed or just the pier? Can someone give me a geographical perspective of the location of this new addition? Thanks

The new Heritage pier is basically an extension of Kings Wharf, they are directly next to each other. The shops will be the same for either pier.

• 1 month later...

So far this year, but the ships can turn around overnight at Heritage Wharf just as easily as they did last year at Kings Wharf. There is plenty of room to do so depending upon lifeboat drills and/or painting. Its not like the ship will visit over these summer months an itinerary of three or four ports of call where at one port they work port side and at another they work starboard side. Eventually they will want to work the other side of the ship. Its just a matter of time.

The Spirit's bow is pointing out to sea, therefore the port side is next to the wharf again this week.

fullsize.jpg

But Don does have a point, eventually the Spirit's captain will want to paint the starboard side of the ship, or run lifeboat drills with the port side boats.

Archived