? about buffet from carnival newbie?

motherchic

For breakfast does carnival ( we are sailing on the valor) offer a tempting selection of homemade danish and pastries?

At lunch, do they offer all sorts of desserts, cakes and tarts?

Do they offer assorted melons, and berries and pineapple everyday?

Previously we have sailed on Celebrity- most of their buffet food was well.... buffet food BUT they made great assortment of danish, chocolate and almond croissants. And many choices of pastries and fabulous melt in your mouth fresh fruit tarts. They did not seem to know that we Americans especially love our chocolate. So I am looking forward to the chocolate molten cake that I have heard carnival offers.

Any info you can tell me will be appreciated and add to my lovely weight gaining dreams.

Yes they do to all the above.

On the Valor one eating venue that is often missed is the "Fish and Chips" it is located the floor above the buffet and it is wonderful. The Deli is also very good as well as the Chinese stand and the Hamburger and hotdog stand, Pizza is so-so.

For breakfast does carnival ( we are sailing on the valor) offer a tempting selection of homemade danish and pastries?

At lunch, do they offer all sorts of desserts, cakes and tarts?

Do they offer assorted melons, and berries and pineapple everyday?

Previously we have sailed on Celebrity- most of their buffet food was well.... buffet food BUT they made great assortment of danish, chocolate and almond croissants. And many choices of pastries and fabulous melt in your mouth fresh fruit tarts. They did not seem to know that we Americans especially love our chocolate. So I am looking forward to the chocolate molten cake that I have heard carnival offers.

Any info you can tell me will be appreciated and add to my lovely weight gaining dreams.

Well I seriously doubt the danish and pastries are homemade.....actually I did not find them good at all. desserts ... yes good selection and ok, but not anything I would rave about.....

I think compared to =x=, the desserts are a step down, except for the chocolate melting cake

Yes they do to all the above.

On the Valor one eating venue that is often missed is the "Fish and Chips" it is located the floor above the buffet and it is wonderful. The Deli is also very good as well as the Chinese stand and the Hamburger and hotdog stand, Pizza is so-so.

Pizza if ordered fresh is excellent.... and if you will persuade with a tip, they will also make anything for you outside of the normal selection I found.

I believe you will find a very nice selection of pastries and danish for breakfast, however I do not believe they will be in the same class as Celebrity's. Nevertheless, I enjoyed both cheese danish and fresh fruit with my morning coffee on every Carnival cruise. Sampled other morning treats which were equally tasty. I don't recall tarts at the buffet at all, but I didn't look for them.

However, that chocolate melting cake may be the most wonderfuly sinful delight ever offered on a cruise ship. It's the dessert people would rave about if it was only offered once a cruise. BUT you can have it every night!

Archived