What brand of "Eco Friendly" sunblock do you use?

Krazeniq

What brand of "Eco Friendly" sun block do you use or would you recommend? Most of the ports I will be visiting ask that this type of sun screen be used for water activities. I am very pale skined and burn extremely quick and I am affraid of choosing one that does not work and then being burnt and miserable throughout my entire cruise. I have noticed there are several different brands out there but I have no idea which one to choose, I can't find any reviews about them. :confused: I am hoping that some of you out there have tried some of these sun screens or know someone who has and can give me your feedback. Please help! Thanks in advance to all that reply :)

Hi,

I used something recommended to me in the UK called P20 by Riemann for the first time this year. It is a once a day preparation that can be used when swimming. Though cautious initially I was impressed with the ease of application and the cover it gave. No adverse reaction. Am a convert.

I've been using Burt's Bees SPF 30. It isn't the easiest to apply (they tend to not spread easily because they aren't full of oil), but it has worked well.

I now use it whenever I'm going to get in the water, but use my usual Ocean Potion SPF 30 (smells like a Dreamsickle) when I'm just sunbathing.

Do a Google search for "eco-friendly sunblock" and you'll get links that show various brands. I hunted for several, but settled on the Burt's Bees because I'm able to find it at my local Target.

I've been using Blue Lizard for a few years now. I have very fair skin and blond hair and really need excellent protection. It is the number one product recommended by dermatologists in the US. I've only been able to order it online and not seen it carried in stores in the northeast.

Google the name "Blue Lizard" and you will find an complete review of the product.

The only caveat is it's expensive but definitely well worth the price. :)

Burts Bee's has not tested their products to be biodegradable. I was going to post the email I had from them, but I can not find it right now. I did, however, email them to ask if their sunscreen was biodegradable and they could not tell me (suspected it was, but could not confirm it).

This is what Playa Uvas is Cozumel tells people:

Playa Uvas is in the Marine National Park Reef of Chankanaab, so be sure to bring organic or natural sun screen only. the primary threat to marine life is the PABA ingredient in sunscreens. If you have a bottle that clearly reads "no PABAs" then you should be fine - Coppertone makes one called "Oil Free Waterproof" that is PABA-free and does well when you're in the water alot. It's $9 at Walgreens and Wal-Mart.

we just got back from a cruise and used Caribbean Sol which we ordered from amazon.

we warned it says right on the bottle you need to reapply every 45 minutes! :eek:

we were in Honduras when i used it first and i am also very fair. i dont think i reapplied enough and i did get burnt. it however worked well enough that i was not scorched.

we used it again in Cozumel and i dont think i ever reapplied (we were in and out of hte water snorkeling) and only got mildly burnt.

remember to reapply!

Archived