St. Pete Airport

timberlysmom

I just realized that the low cost airline we're wanting to use for our May cruise from Tampa is taking us to the St. Pete airport instead of TPA. Does anyone have experience flying into St. Pete's? I'm not really familiar with Florida...how far is St. Pete's from Tampa (a note I found online said 10 miles). Is it possible to get a shuttle from a Tampa hotel to pick us up at the St. Pete airport? This just threw a kink in our plans as we were looking at staying at the DoubleTree Hilton. Any advice would be helpful! There are 8 of us, so it's important everything is planned out, it's not like we can call just one cab:rolleyes:.

I suspect you will be arriving at St Pete / Clearwater Airport which is actually in Clearwater and home to US Coast Guard Airstation Clearwater...

Will you get a hotel shuttle from Tampa - No ....

What will transportation cost and what's available? See

http://www.fly2pie.com/

you'll need to call most places to get an estimate but

Yellow Shuttle to down town Tampa should be $28 per person plus tip for comparison....

(they post a rate chart which I read 4 u since I know where u r going)

Gulp ... for 8 this might get very expensive....you may want to search for other private limo companies....one that can come with not a stretch limo but a small bus thing. Low cost airline may not be so low cost anymore . . . . .

Try Google "Clearwater Limo" and see what happens.....

Good luch

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Capt...I found a shuttle service for 13.00 each way per person which seems to be cheaper than other options. Or we may abuse the policy of the hotel...they offer a shuttle to the Tampa airport where we could get a cab for like 30 bucks per person. There are 6 of us girls, though...I'm thinking we'll be better off with the bus thing for our luggage :) I was hoping to fit all of us into a limo or excursion, how cool would that be, but they don't offer transfers on the weekends, only hourly rentals. Oh well, the price we pay to cruise with so many shoes.

BTW, it's still cheaper to fly the low cost carrier into Clearwater than to fly the others into Tampa, there was a $400 price difference per ticket to fly a big airline.

Archived