Teens Want to bring PS3 Game Console

Cardancer4

My son said something to me 2 vacations ago that has made me think differently... he said Mom its my vacation too. He likes video games. He wants to play them.

We rented a beach house last trip and we brought the gaming system. We had family time. He has pool time and play time with his friends but he also got video game time. Everyone was happy.

I haven't brought our gaming systems on a cruise but he did get breaks and used a tablet or his game boy. Its his vacation too right :)

Carnival does not allow passengers to attach anything to their cabin TVs.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming

"Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled."

P&O's website states the following about it:

"

Type of connections

Smart Devices (iPods | iPads | Tablets | Smartphones )

Azura, Britannia & Ventura

These ships have interactive televisions therefore the connection sockets are used to enable the use of the interactive systems. We therefore request that these connection points are not altered."

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/tv_channels

It sounds like you might be better off finding a stand-alone hand-held gaming device. I hope this helps.

Winddawn, i found the same information on Carnival's websits, cannot hook anything up to the TV, all inputs are disabled. The only except according to Carnival is for Suites, where you can connect DVDs and other video sources, but must have your own RCA cable. "In Suite accommodations only, guests are able to connect their own DVD/video source through the television using an audio/video input plate; guests must supply their own RCA connection cables."

Oh, so I opened this thread thinking "no way will I let my kids bring their consoles" but as I paged down, I saw some great points and I can see where it would be good (especially when we get back from an excursion on a port day and I just want them to relax for a bit before dinner), and yes it is their vacation too! So you changed my mind, and then I get to the end and realize I am in another decade and now it is no longer even an option. Ugh. So, to clarify, on the conquest could I plug in a game system if I wanted to? I am guessing the xbox would be no good as that thing always wants to be online but the old ps3 would probably be fine. Thanks!

(p.s., to the poster who said it was ridiculous and to go enjoy the sunshine, my brother died from melanoma so a break from the sun is very good! ;)

Oh, so I opened this thread thinking "no way will I let my kids bring their consoles" but as I paged down, I saw some great points and I can see where it would be good (especially when we get back from an excursion on a port day and I just want them to relax for a bit before dinner), and yes it is their vacation too! So you changed my mind, and then I get to the end and realize I am in another decade and now it is no longer even an option. Ugh. So, to clarify, on the conquest could I plug in a game system if I wanted to? I am guessing the xbox would be no good as that thing always wants to be online but the old ps3 would probably be fine. Thanks!

(p.s., to the poster who said it was ridiculous and to go enjoy the sunshine, my brother died from melanoma so a break from the sun is very good! ;)

XBOX and PS3/4 can be used to play movies to watch as well. More so for the little ones.........

Let me lobby on behalf of your sons for a moment...

PONY UP THE MONEY FOR A PS4!

PS3? What is this, 2007?

We have a PS4 and an Xbox one. I would want to bring the ps3 because it is not the end of their world if something happens to it :)

We have a PS4 and an Xbox one. I would want to bring the ps3 because it is not the end of their world if something happens to it :)

From my experience most PS 4 games requires Internet to play. The PS 3 does not. I'm rapidly approaching 60 and I still play video games.