Renting a scooter in Bayonne?

esbie11

My step-dad is cruising with a group of us for the first time. He can walk short distances but will have some difficulty walking the length of the ship. Can anyone tell me anything about renting a scooter in Bayonne for us to take on our cruise with us? How expensive would this be? I am very unknowledgeable about scooters:confused: Do they have to be plugged in and charged? Can this be done in their cabin? They are booked in a H/C balcony room, so I am sure there will be room for them to keep it in there, right?

You can rent them to be delivered to the cabin but not from the cruiseline, each cruiseline has vendors they have approved to rent medical equipment. Call the cruiseline and see who they use, average cost is about $250 to $300 for a weeks cruise. Yes they must be charged daily IN the cabin, you are not allowed to leave them in halls etc.

They will fit in an HC cabin. Also know that you cannot take them on any tenders if you have to tender at any port. and many excursions cannot handle them either.

If you dad does not have experience with them take him to the supermarket and Walmart and have him learn on those ones. though most of them are four wheel and you will rent a three wheel but they are fairly similiar.

We rented from Carevacations for a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know about your area. I was very pleased. We needed the biggest one at $350 for the week.

Care Vacations - 877-478-7827.

Call the special needs dept. for your cruise line.

I agve you the website on your other post. I hope it was helpful.

I did see it. Thank you so much! My mother is checking into it. He is a big guy (285 lbs) so she is looking into how much one will cost for him. I don't think it is worth the money but she is pretty insistent:rolleyes: Thanks for your help:)

I did see it. Thank you so much! My mother is checking into it. He is a big guy (285 lbs) so she is looking into how much one will cost for him. I don't think it is worth the money but she is pretty insistent:rolleyes: Thanks for your help:)

Why would you think it's not worth the money? If it gives your dad increased mobility, and your mom more freedom from having to worry about him, or staying with him because he can't go far, seems like those are very good worthy things!?!

Archived